I no longer have a job to commute to

spasypaddy
spasypaddy Posts: 5,180
edited November 2008 in Commuting chat
:( my poor commuting bike is not going to get used for a while now :( how depressing

Comments

• That's awful news! Sadly it seems to be more and more common...

Best of luck finding a new commuting destination!
  • linsen
    linsen Posts: 1,959
    :(
    Emerging from under a big black cloud. All help welcome
  • Gazzaputt
    Gazzaputt Posts: 3,227
    Same here after tomorrow :(

But I'll have riding time during the day :D

But that doesn't pay the mortgage :roll:
  • Kenjaja1
    Kenjaja1 Posts: 744
    spasypaddy wrote:
    :( my poor commuting bike is not going to get used for a while now :( how depressing

I'm very sorry to hear that - but don't stop using the bike. While you search for your next job you should keep using the bike. It will help you build a positive attitude which will shorten the time 'til your next job and your next commute.

Best of luck with the hunt for your new daily ride.
  • Coriander
    Coriander Posts: 1,326
    Crikey, sorry to hear that.

But on the upside, everyone I know to whom it's happened has looked back and been thankful.

Hmm, that's not actually much comfort, is it?

I'll just stick to 'sorry'.

:wink:
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    Sorry to hear that, chaps. Hope you find something very soon.
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • spasypaddy
    oh i lost my job because i was shit at it, no other reason. im amazed i was still there to be honest.

working in sales and not actually making any sales is not a good look! Im not even bothered.

my commuting bike wont be getting used as i can use my proper bike now im not riding on the central london roads. Although i will probably use it once or twice a week because the weather is bound to be terrible
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,052
    Very sorry to hear that, I'm in the same boat as are my team very shortly, I was planning a MASSIVE I feel sorry for myself piss up in London sometime before Christmas, you'd be more than welcome to join us, although to be honest it will be more tears of demented laughter than sorrow.
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • Rich158
    Rich158 Posts: 2,348
    Sorry to hear that :(

I survived the first cut, fully expect to go in the second early next year though :evil:
    pain is temporary, the glory of beating your mates to the top of the hill lasts forever.....................

Revised FCN - 2
  • gb155
    gb155 Posts: 2,048
    Sorry to hear that, Maybe use the bike for looking for another job ? You never know what you will find along a cycleway :D
    On a Mission to lose 20 stone..Get My Life Back

December 2007 - 39 Stone 05 Lbs

July 2011 - 13 Stone 12 Lbs - Cycled 17851 Miles

http://39stonecyclist.com
    Now the hard work starts.
  • spasypaddy
    it will allow me to ride my other bike, dont worry i shall still be riding most days. I want to race next season so the only way to do that is get fit, i now have lots of time to get fit
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    Sorry to hear that.

Best of luck finding a new job.
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,608
    edited November 2008
    Bad luck SP, hope you find something soon,

My commuting Carrera is possibly out for her last hurrah tomorrow, as it's my last day at work as well (there's a pattern here..), however it was my choice, as I managed to get redundancy, and I want a total career change also, so it's all rather scary at the moment, as I am looking to move into a field I have never worked in before.

It's scary sh!t guys, but it needs to be done, and as long as you turn it into something better, then it becomes the best thing that could have happened to you, looking back you will be thankful.

Cheers

Dan
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • My commiserations SP.

Mike
  • ademort
    ademort Posts: 1,924
    Bad news mate, what is your occupation, who knows maybe someone on the forum can help? Ademort
    ademort
    Chinarello, record and Mavic Cosmic Sl
    Gazelle Vuelta , veloce
    Giant Defy 4
    Mirage Columbus SL
    Batavus Ventura
  • spasypaddy
    ade - i was working in sales, i dont want to do that anymore i want to do a desk job where i just sit and tap away at a computer all day without any pressure. In sales there is always something hanging over you as soon as you start not selling (which i never really started) you get the sack.

Its quite weird waking up at 11am... on a weekday
  • You're not alone I just heard today my job will end on the 31st of December. Looks like a cheap Christmas for me as well.
  • gabriel959
    gabriel959 Posts: 4,227
    Good luck guys, don't leave it for after Xmas ... Everyone is at risk unless they are civil servants to be honest.
    x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
    Commuting / Winter rides - Jamis Renegade Expert
    Pootling / Offroad - All-City Macho Man Disc
    Fast rides Cannondale SuperSix Ultegra
  • spasypaddy
    im going to start hunting hardcore on monday, just had a productive day completing gears of war 2 on xbox.
  • ademort
    ademort Posts: 1,924
    Hope christmas brings you something nice, new year and a new job, will keep my fingers crossed for you and acannons. Ademort
    ademort
    Chinarello, record and Mavic Cosmic Sl
    Gazelle Vuelta , veloce
    Giant Defy 4
    Mirage Columbus SL
    Batavus Ventura