DeFeet Woolie Boolie sizing.

Zippy
Zippy Posts: 189
edited November 2008 in MTB buying advice
As always seems to happen with me, I appear to have fallen between sizes. Are merino-wool socks warmer when tightly-fitting or are they better loose?

Thank you,

Zip'.

Comments

• fozzybear
    fozzybear Posts: 17,082
    tight less slippage i have some as does my GF... love em!
  • dunker
    dunker Posts: 1,503
    get a size up as they're quite tight fitting, the mediums will stretch to a uk 9 but they'll feel imo too tight. if you're a uk 9 get the large size. i'm a uk 9 and the large feel nice and snug :)
  • I am a size 8 and own a pair of large socks (which should be for size 9 upwards). The fitting is fine for me.
    Andy
  • Zippy
    Zippy Posts: 189
    Thanks for the opinions. I'll probably have to go a size up then.

You see, in a cruel medical experiment years ago my DNA was mixed with that of a badger ergo short feet but spade-like (and more than a passing resemblance to Hugh 'Agent' Scully before he went grey all over). I'm only something daft like size five-and-a-half but often have to wear a seven to get the width. The Woolie Boolie socks in Small don't appear to be suitable for men, but reckon to fitting women of shoe-size six to eight (if I recall accurately). The men's size-range that the Medium socks fit is given as eight to nine, I believe.

Ach, I'll just ask the shop if I may swap them if I select the wrong size.

Thanks again,

Zip'.
  • dunker
    dunker Posts: 1,503
    also they're made in ameerka so all those sizes are wrong for uk, read 7-9 as 6-8 i guess, a wide 5½ then try a medium? better a bit loose than too tight i think and they're pretty light so would'nt cost alot to return if it's the wrong size.