stoke on trent night ride

bails_89
bails_89 Posts: 143
edited November 2008 in MTB rides
hello
iv had some new lights and cant wait to try them out but i dont have the balls to go on a night ride on my own!lol

if theres anybody in the same boat or theres a group that goes out let me know:)

cheers chris
Its not about the bike....

Comments

• lfcquin
    lfcquin Posts: 470
    I'd be up for it Chris. I am over in Biddulph. Just got some new lights myself, I had a little wander last Friday to try and get used to it. Its a very different experience, but good fun!

Chris
  • bails_89
    ayup chris,what riding are you into,how fit ect/
    where do you normally ride?

i normally ride trentham,barlaston and hanchurch.

did you go on your own on friday?urv got more balls than me if you went on ur own

chris
  • .blitz
    .blitz Posts: 6,197
    bails_89 wrote:
    ...urv got more balls than me if you went on ur own
    More balls than Chuck Norris if he went out in Stoke at night :mrgreen:
  • lfcquin
    Yeah I went on my own, although I headed out the other way. I headed up towards Winkle while it was still light and then through the lanes and some bridleways just north of Congleton once it went dark. Not sure I would be brave enough for Stoke on my own!

Normally I ride road, but I do some off road as well, so any sort of riding will do me. I would say I am reasonably fit, I manage a few sportives every year, but don't do any competition. Normally I ride out in the Peaks around the Roaches, Longnor and Hartington or Cheshire lanes around Macc, Middlewich or Crewe.

I have not done much around Trentham, but would be up for a try. What sort of riding did you have in mind? Do I need to pack a bullet proof vest, 'cos your not selling it very well. :wink:
  • bails_89
    Do I need to pack a bullet proof vest, 'cos your not selling it very well.

lol stoke isnt that bad,welll maybe some parts are!

i normally ride XC but like a few jumps now and then,id say im fairly fit but i havnt really compared it to anyone so i couldnt say.

we wil have to go for a spin if you fancy it,mayb barlaston downs or tretham park.

cheers chris
  • lfcquin
    XC is more my thing, although distinct lack of trails around Biddulph so I don't get out on the MTB that often. Happy to get together for a ride whenever.
  • zedhead
    zedhead Posts: 109
    So whereabouts do people go around Barlaston / Trentham area? And are there any trails around Mair Hills?
    Early Orange 5, Felt Z85, Scott Thicko, modified Giant full suss (both nicked)- beat-up single-speed rigid 1992 Saracen (scrapped), and various 2-wheelers with big engines
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,883
    I did Mair hills a few years ago and whilst ok - I get the felling I never managed to find the "fun" bits.
  • chatters
    chatters Posts: 107
    yea does anyone know if there are any decent trails in mair hills area, i live about 20mins away so it'd be nice to have somewhere quite close to ride.
    pinkbike.com/photo/790916