Bernhard Kohl

applebiker1
applebiker1 Posts: 9
edited November 2008 in Pro race
So Bernhard Kohl is "terribly disappointed" with his 2 year suspension. He called it "the wrong signal and the wrong direction."

Sorry but have I missed something. He is a good for nothing CHEAT who should have a life ban. The sooner we have life time bans the better. I don't want to see our great sport being dragged down by these idiots.

Comments

• dennisn
    dennisn Posts: 10,601
    So Bernhard Kohl is "terribly disappointed" with his 2 year suspension. He called it "the wrong signal and the wrong direction."

Sorry but have I missed something. He is a good for nothing CHEAT who should have a life ban. The sooner we have life time bans the better. I don't want to see our great sport being dragged down by these idiots.

Sounds like something his lawyer told him to say. If I had to guess, he's probably VERY
    p*ssed off at his doctors and trainers who probably assured him that there would be no problems and even more p*ssed at himself for getting sucked into the whole thing. Maybe
    "terribly disappointed" is an applicable statement, at the very least. I'd be "terribly disappointed" if I lost my good paying job. Even if it was my fault. Life bans sound a little excessive to me, but don't worry, if it's punishment you want then you can be very
    secure in the knowledge that he is not a happy camper these days and is probably beating himself up over all this. I would be.

Dennis Noward
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784

So if he gave an honest and frank account, should they not throw him a bone? After all Ricco got a reduced sentence, as did Sella.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • dennisn
    dennisn Posts: 10,601
    iainf72 wrote:

So if he gave an honest and frank account, should they not throw him a bone? After all Ricco got a reduced sentence, as did Sella.

They do say that confession is good for the soul. Might be good for the cyclist too.

Dennis Noward
  • micron
    micron Posts: 1,843
    Kohl knows the rules - you collaborate and name names and you get your suspension reduced, you uphold omerta and you get the full 2 years.
  • SpaceJunk
    SpaceJunk Posts: 1,157
    You make your bed, you lie in it & you reap what you sow.

Tough luck Kohl.
  • Trev36
    Trev36 Posts: 92
    [quote="iainf72"
    So if he gave an honest and frank account, should they not throw him a bone? After all Ricco got a reduced sentence, as did Sella.[/quote]
    From what I gathered all he did as far as cooperation goes is admit he used CERA-EPO.
    I'm of the understanding to get a reduced sentence he has to give full creditable details, the who where and why's, name names etc.
    Doesn't sound like he did that and now is complaining about it.
  • Trying to have his cake and eat it. Not very bright is he?