Floyd Landis has a team...

donrhummy
donrhummy Posts: 2,329
edited November 2008 in Pro race
http://www.velonews.com/article/85328/f ... m-formerly
Floyd Landis will race next year for the new domestic squad OUCH, a revamped version of the Health Net - Maxxis team.

The team's title sponsor is the OUCH Sports Medical Center in California. The sports center's co-founder, Dr. Brent Kay, is Landis' personal physician and oversaw his hip resurfacing surgery in 2006. ...

Comments

• derby
    derby Posts: 114
    I thought this guy's new gig was modeling trucker hats backwards. Now we get to see him superimposed into bike races. great.
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,103
    Velonews wrote:
    Landis is eligible to race at the end of January, at the completion of his two-year suspension for doping in the 17th stage of the 2006 Tour de France. Landis has denied doping and appealed the case to the Court of Arbitration for Sport in Lausanne, Switzerland. Landis lost that appeal, but maintains his innocence.

There, in a nutshell, is why Landis' return shouldn't be welcomed. He had synthetic testosterone in his sample and yet still maintains his innocence.
  • nick hanson
    nick hanson Posts: 1,655
    Landis would gain nothing by admitting he had doped,so will obviousely claim innocence.
    Shame we will never genuinely know what went on.
    Knowingly doped
    Doped unknowingly by his entourage
    Sample tampered with before testing
    Faulty test of sample

One of the above will be correct,but we will NEVER know for sure which one.
    so many cols,so little time!
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,103
    The responsibility for knowing what goes into an athlete's body is the athlete's alone. Landis had synthetic testosterone in his sample ergo he is guilty, hence why he was given a 2 year appeal by the US cycling authorities. Landis appealed this to CAS, as is his right, and that appeal was rejected.

You can come up with whatever conspiracy theories you like but those are the bare facts, i.e. that he is guilty of doping.
  • timoid.
    timoid. Posts: 3,133
    Landis would gain nothing by admitting he had doped,so will obviousely claim innocence.
    Knowingly doped
    Faulty test of sample

We know for a fact that sythetic testosterone was in his sample. We know for a fact that he is ultimately responsible for what's in his body. Therefore we know for a fact that he is guilty of doping.

We also know from his antics at his trial that he is a nasty piece of work.
    It's a little like wrestling a gorilla. You don't quit when you're tired. You quit when the gorilla is tired.
  • Timoid. wrote:

agreed.
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    And he looks shifty too.
  • Timoid. wrote:

agreed.

+1

I can forgive the doping and the lying, and the denials, it is unfortunately embedded into the sport, and happens for reasons I have yet to understand.

But this guy really is a creep :evil:
  • You guys are crazy... stop talking crazy, you big crazies.

Haven't you heard? His parents are Amish or something! He wouldn't do anything bad if his parents are Amish would he? Wash your mouths out!

He's just a good guy who got caught up in a whole big conspiracy/misunderstanding and like whiskey of an evening (Which, as we all know, is laced with synthetic testosterone) and who's friends still think prank phone calls are funny!

Shame on you! :wink:
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • I have no worries at all about his comeback. He was old when he 'won' the Tour, I expect him to vanish into the sunset after a poor season in 09.
  • dennisn
    dennisn Posts: 10,601
    I have no worries at all about his comeback. He was old when he 'won' the Tour, I expect him to vanish into the sunset after a poor season in 09.

Firmin Lambot - oldest TDF winner - 36 years old - 1922
    Gino Bartali - oldest TDF winner from 1947 on - 34 years old - 1948
    Some at 33 years old - Lance among them.
    Looks like a game for the younger set.

Dennis Noward
  • An extremely quiet day on the forum, when the only thread that's moving is one on "The Mennonite Moaner."
    Over juiced and over there.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • Over juiced and over there.

Amen
  • DaveyL
    DaveyL Posts: 5,167
    I always quite liked Landis and thought his ride to Morzine was brilliant (still do think that). I just wish he'd "taken his medicine" (so to speak) when he got busted, but instead he went down the Tyler route, with about as much success and dignity.
    Le Blaireau (1)
  • dennisn
    dennisn Posts: 10,601
    Timoid. wrote:

agreed.

+1

I can forgive the doping and the lying, and the denials, it is unfortunately embedded into the sport, and happens for reasons I have yet to understand.

Generally when people get caught doing something wrong or illegal it would seem the
    first reaction is to lie and deny. From the minute children learn to talk this has been true.
    WHO DID THIS??? Not me. WHAT DID YOU DO???? Nothing mom. Some things never change.

Dennis Noward
  • awsome rider but a bit of a plank, will he ever return to france? hmm.....
  • nick hanson
    nick hanson Posts: 1,655
    Timoid. wrote:
    Knowingly doped
    Faulty test of sample

We know for a fact that sythetic testosterone was in his sample. We know for a fact that he is ultimately responsible for what's in his body. Therefore we know for a fact that he is guilty of doping.

I certainly didn't like his trial antics.
    The only person that came out of it with any dignity was Greg Lemond,but you will still never be able to discount the last three posibilities,no matter how much you posture,or think you are 'in the know'
    so many cols,so little time!