Hi Everyone!

Nik@
Nik@ Posts: 36
edited November 2008 in MTB beginners
My name is Nika ! I'm new in here :D
I have learnt how to ride a bike only this summer ( he-he) :oops:
But now i absolutely love it !
I tend to go on my own , my bf occasionally joins me on the weekends,
but it would be really nice to find a company to go together on long bike rides :)

Comments

• BOYDIE
    BOYDIE Posts: 528
    Welcome to the most expensive hobby ever..................enjoy.

Hey Stoo61...................the Pars...................come on now bad avtar lololol :wink:
  • Stoo61
    Stoo61 Posts: 1,394
    oooooooooooooooooh!!! Markinch....hmmm...I smell......Cowden!?

Chances are though its the Auld Firm.... :shock:

Top of the league tomorrow! :twisted:
  • Nik@
    Thanks for welcoming !
    I’ve been cycling like half a year now, and to be fair don’t find my hobby really expensive though, maybe because I’m just a beginner :roll:
    Got a bike, some accessories, clothing, that’s it!
    To compare to my bf’s hobby who is busy doing hydroponics (the way of growing stuff under artificial lights and in the special solution) it’s rather cheap. His hobby is so bloody boring and expensive :? , not taking in account the energy bills :lol: l …
    And my bike doesn’t need food to live, just oil chain sometimes and this is it 8)
  • Stoo61
    Nik@ wrote:
    Thanks for welcoming !

To compare to my bf’s hobby who is busy doing hydroponics (the way of growing stuff under artificial lights and in the special solution)

....Nika....your boyfriends clearly a drugdealer.... :?

:lol:
  • Nik@
    hahaha
    at least it would be some fun, unfortunately he just growing chilly peppers and some innocent stuff like lettuce :lol:
  • Stoo61
    Nik@ wrote:
    hahaha
    at least it would be some fun, unfortunately he just growing chilly peppers and some innocent stuff like lettuce :lol:

"lettuce" Uh huh :wink:
  • batch78
    batch78 Posts: 1,320
    ICEberg are they???????? :lol:

Welcome to the forum.

I’ve been cycling like half a year now, and to be fair don’t find my hobby really expensive

Oh how I wish I was still this new and naive to the sport. :roll:
  • Nik@
    ICEberg are they????????

Yeeah :lol:

Thanks for welcoming !

...i think iknow what you mean ,when i just started to feel comfortable on the bike i was spending hours and hours everyday enjoying the ride ( compensating the time i've lost ) :) no matter what the weather was. I'm still enthusiastic now and go often on bike runs but sometimes make excuses for the bad weather or hangover from the last night :lol:
  • Nik@ wrote:
    .... it would be really nice to find a company to go together on long bike rides :)

Might help if you tell us which part of the country you are in, there are bound to be some local rides and clubs near you.

Welcome to the forum.

Marv
    What tree ? ...........

Trek 8000 ZR XC hardtail.
  • Nik@
    Nik@ wrote:
    .... it would be really nice to find a company to go together on long bike rides :)

Might help if you tell us which part of the country you are in, there are bound to be some local rides and clubs near you.

Welcome to the forum.

Marv

Thankx for welcoming Marv, i live in Northumberland, Morpeth area, very close to Widdrington actually
  • jayson
    jayson Posts: 4,606
    Nik@ wrote:
    hahaha

Would that happen to be a particularly smelly kind of lettuce??? :wink:
  • Nik@
    i know i know , it's very hard to believe that he grows just innocent lettuce :lol:
  • beleive me it will get expensive if u want to get better bikes and equipment
  • Nik@
    Muddy.Bail wrote:
    beleive me it will get expensive if u want to get better bikes and equipment

i guess so , bikes aren't cheap , i would rally like to have a racer, but the cheapest price starts from 200 :? maybe next year...
  • beleive me it will get expensive if u want to get better bikes and equipment

and how much you like falling off!
    Bikes are OK, I guess... :-)

2008 Specialized Stumpjumper FSR Comp.
    2013 Trek 1.2
    1982 Holdsworth Elan.
  • BOYDIE wrote:

Hey Stoo61...................the Pars...................come on now bad avtar lololol :wink:

its true! your pockets will be empty after the winter!
  • Nik@
    george.b wrote:
    BOYDIE wrote:

its true! your pockets will be empty after the winter!

can i ask you why ? :D is it special time for spending fortune on a bike accessories after winter ??