Giant OCR compact road in yellow and black once colours

320DMsport
320DMsport Posts: 306
edited November 2008 in Road beginners
Hi all, i've borrowed on of these, not sure of age, maybe 5 or 6 years old.

Are they any good?

It has Campag mirage group set, coming from MTB i have no idea if that is any good?

I was doing a sportive on my carbon MTB but borrowed this to do the event on now, so i'll get some miles in on it.

Going to get it serviced tomorrow then i'll be away on the darkside.

Anyone else got one?

Comments

• DaveyL
    DaveyL Posts: 5,167
    No, but what carbon fibre MTB do you have? Is it a hardtail?
    Le Blaireau (1)
  • father_jack
    father_jack Posts: 3,509
    Mirage groupsets are in the £600-£800 bike range. I guess if you were to put them to MTB range, probably Deore. Certainly not bottom of the range but not the best either (one of my bikes has Mirage)
    Say... That's a nice bike..
    Trax T700 with Lew Racing Pro VT-1 ;-)
  • DaveyL wrote:
    No, but what carbon fibre MTB do you have? Is it a hardtail?

Yes it's hard tail, Trek elite 9.8, i was going to do it on slicks on that but figured i may be quicker on the road bike, mind there doesn't feel much diff in weight between my MTB and the road bike.
  • father_jack
    father_jack Posts: 3,509
    Well you're comparing a £2100 MTB to a £600-£800 roadie so it's not really fair. If your MTB is 9.5kg (21 pounds) a £2100 odd roadie is about 6.4kg so around 4kg lighter is quite a bit. A bike in that £600-£800 class is probably around 8.5-10kg

Is this yours?

http://archive.giant-bicycles.com/uk/03 ... model=9992
    Say... That's a nice bike..
    Trax T700 with Lew Racing Pro VT-1 ;-)
  • Yes father jack that is the one, but in black and yellow.

Sounds ok, i've only borrowed it anyway, but could maybe get it cheap off him later.

I know he paid peanuts for it.

My MTB is 23 pounds with pedals but the road bike is just for winter training and to do the odd sportive, but it is bound to be faster than riding my MTB on a sportive.

Had a quick spin today, goes well, if i get into this i may get the TREK 1.7 i was quizing about a few weeks ago.