Rides in or around Oxfordshire, Warickshire

danbdu
danbdu Posts: 46
edited November 2008 in MTB rides
Hi
Recently moved to Banbury and ride Cannock most weekends but need somewhere a little closer to home for the mid-week thrash. Been to Aston hill a few times but not sure how good that will be in the wet. Don't mind the mud at all but only if the trails roll fairly good. Went to Clent hills but only found one track but it was a very good piece of singletrack, is there anymore up there?

Cheers

Dan

Comments

• Hi Dan,
    If your in Banbury, thats only a small car trek from Stockton (southam)
    Me and an ever decreasing bunch of riders get together and ride out arround south warwickshire, so if you fancy venturing out some time on some of our local trails let us know,,,
    Nothing to hard, we are all early 30's and normally arround 2/3 hours......

Danny
    Hi all, new to the forum, I live in Stockton (Warwickshire) and even though I have a few riding buddies I am always looking for other people to go out riding with or even talking " nuts & bolts" guys or girls!!!...
  • Hi Dan,

Three of us out this weekend on local ride, Stockton,Southam area, going to be early doors,,, 8.00!!! let me know...

Danny
    Hi all, new to the forum, I live in Stockton (Warwickshire) and even though I have a few riding buddies I am always looking for other people to go out riding with or even talking " nuts & bolts" guys or girls!!!...
  • danbdu
    danbdu Posts: 46
    Hey Dan
    Just got back from Wales. So won't be out this weekend. Thanks anyway mate.
  • Sorry to hijack but as you are from stockton would you be able to let me know some decent local routes? I am from Bishops Itchington and was riding around that area today. (old railway line). I would also be interested in any good routes you find Banbury way as thats not too far.

Thanks
    Amy
  • loads of local routes around here,,, I think the rail way route you have possible found is the leam to stockton and rugby route...Warwickshire is full of hidden routes but it's hard to explain them and more a case of riding with a group and finding them...
    We are actually off to Cannock Chase this weekend, I will let you know when we go out next for a local ride, if you want just let us know,,,?

Dan
  • Cool ok it was that railway and I was a Cannock last week. If you can cope with unfit girl tagging along I wouldn't mind learning some new routes.

Amy