Which is this month's best magazine?

pottssteve
pottssteve Posts: 4,069
edited November 2008 in Pro race
Fellow Enthusiasts,
My missus is in the UK for a week and will bring me back, and I quote, "ONE cycling magazine" (baggage weight allowing!). I know it's quiet at the moment, so which UK magazine is doing it's best to fill the spaces between the adverts?
Cheers
P.S. I don't mind Lance :wink:
Head Hands Heart Lungs Legs

Comments

• pottssteve
    Well?
    85 of you have read the post, but apparently nobody's read the magazines...
  • I think Cycle Sport is the better glossy at the moment
    Expertly coached by http://www.vitessecyclecoaching.co.uk/

http://vineristi.wordpress.com - the blog for Viner owners and lovers!
  • Slow Downcp
    Slow Downcp Posts: 3,041
    Procycling in my opinion
    Carlsberg don't make cycle clothing, but if they did it would probably still not be as good as Assos
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    Procycling is generally better.

I'm not keen on the current issue though.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • pottssteve
    Steady people, not all at once. I'm a slow reader. :wink:

Slow Downcp - you're a p*ss taker. :lol:
  • SpaceJunk
    SpaceJunk Posts: 1,157
    I'll give you my two cents worth. I've read all of Cyclesport's Dec copy, but about halfway thru PC.
    Both have some filler, but I'd prob lean to PC mag. Both have a lot of Cavendish coverage.

Highlight of CS was the Abdou interview.

Just my opinion though.
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    I prefer Procycling.

(at least I think thats the one ? The one with the Playmobil people in anyway)
  • iainf72 wrote:
    Procycling is generally better.

I'm not keen on the current issue though.

Hi there.

Funnily enough I found this issue of Procycling, with it's review of the year articles to be the best one I've read since I subscribed at the begining of this year. Maybe because it doesn't suffer from being a month out of date?

Don't think I'll be renewing my subscription (unless they give me another new bike).

Cheers, Andy
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784

Don't think I'll be renewing my subscription (unless they give me another new bike).

Any truth to the rumour you've become an awfully bad tempered wheel sucker since you won that bike?

:wink:
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • pottssteve
    andrew,
    That's quite a free gift. Maybe I should subscribe also? It's usually a pair of sunglasses, isn't it?
  • ms_tree
    ms_tree Posts: 1,405
    pottssteve wrote:
    andrew,
    That's quite a free gift. Maybe I should subscribe also? It's usually a pair of sunglasses, isn't it?
    Yeah! I got a nice pair of specs then ruined them by tripping over on the g**awful pavements round here and scraped the left side!
    Of the 2 mags (I get both) I do tend to vere towards Procycling which I have had from the beginning - the Pantani interview was the obvious draw for me. I find that the interviews in there have a bit more depth although I don't like having to keep going backwards and forwards to read the boxes that they insist on putting in. Having said that I often finish an interview thinking 'I would have asked more questions than that!'! :)
    'Google can bring back a hundred thousand answers. A librarian can bring you back the right one.'
    Neil Gaiman
  • donrhummy
    donrhummy Posts: 2,329
    This is more general than specific to this month but I've read Cycle Sport, Road Bike Magazine, two Australian ones, VeloNews, Road and a few others and NONE of them come close to ProCycling.
  • Cheque's in the post.
    ;-)

Daniel Friebe
    Features Editor
    Procycling
  • iainf72 wrote:

Any truth to the rumour you've become an awfully bad tempered wheel sucker since you won that bike?

:wink:

Did you step on my dog?
  • finchy
    finchy Posts: 6,686
    Procycling has better features this month. This edition of CS is a bit dull , but next month they'll be doing their end-of-season review, which is usually a good read, as it rates the best riders, teams and races.
  • pottssteve
    Thanks, chaps,
    ProCycling it is then.
  • donrhummy
    donrhummy Posts: 2,329
    Cheque's in the post.
    ;-)

Daniel Friebe
    Features Editor
    Procycling

Well...since you mention it... why is the magazine's subscription HIGHER this year than last year? The renewal price I was given is $10 higher than last year! And this in spite of the economy (on both sides of the ocean) and my continued loyalty as a subscriber. What's up with that? :(
  • A**e lickers the lot of you :wink::lol:
    Expertly coached by http://www.vitessecyclecoaching.co.uk/

http://vineristi.wordpress.com - the blog for Viner owners and lovers!