ribble v bianchi

dcab
dcab Posts: 255
edited November 2008 in Road beginners
i was thinking about getting a ribble winter bike but have just seen a bianchi via nirone 7 alu sora for £419 wots the best option ? would i be able to put mud guards on the bianch?
veritas vos liberabit

Comments

• Go for the bianchi.

You shouldn't have any problem fitting any SKS Raceblade mudguards on the bianchi.
  • Slow Downcp
    Slow Downcp Posts: 3,041
    You'll get radceblades on the bianchi, but thats all.

I sold my Bianchi, as I didn;t like the raceblades, prefer full guards for the winter. If you can live with th Blades though, I'd go for the Bianchi.
    Carlsberg don't make cycle clothing, but if they did it would probably still not be as good as Assos
  • gkerr4
    gkerr4 Posts: 3,408
    you'll get more for your money with the ribble and even the choice of campag over shimano if you like - plus it will come with decent wheels (or at least better than a £400 off the peg bianchi will come with) and mudguards fitted.

i'd say ribble.
  • Onan
    Onan Posts: 321
    dcab wrote:
    i was thinking about getting a ribble winter bike but have just seen a bianchi via nirone 7 alu sora for £419 wots the best option ? would i be able to put mud guards on the bianch?

Again, hopefully I'm wrong, but I suspect that bianchi you found is the 2008 advertised on winstanleysbikes website.

I already placed an order for that, and was told it's "discontinued".

What that means is that winstanleysbikes likes to advertise bikes at a price they can no longer supply them at to draw traffic to their site. It's criminal. Or it ought to be.

Ring their customer service line and ask if that bike is still available at that price.
    Drink poison. Wrestle snakes.
  • Onan
    By the way, I found out the bike was "discontinued" three days after I placed my order, meaning I had already missed out on some other offers I was looking at. I sent them an email suggesting they remove the advert from their website. Unsurprisingly they have not.
  • I can't comment on the Ribble but i bought the Bianchi from JE James a few weeks ago. I think its gorgeous to look at and thats enough for me!
  • dcab
    dcab Posts: 255
    ya winstanleys, i rang them this mornin! "sorry discontinued but we have the 09"? well u can keep it?
    veritas vos liberabit
  • Onan
    Isn't bait and switch technically fraud? I won't be dealing with them again under any circumstances.