Espania! donde está la sol por favor?

mclarent
mclarent Posts: 784
edited November 2008 in Training, fitness and health
Has anyone done a training camp in Spain before? Any recommendations? This cold snap is depressing me!!
"And the Lord said unto Cain, 'where is Abel thy brother?' And he said, 'I know not: I dropped him on the climb up to the motorway bridge'."
- eccolafilosofiadelpedale

Comments

• I've never done a training camp but I've done winter riding over there. 3 years ago i went to Porta Pollenca on Majorca for a week. Perfectly pleasant, 12-15 C all week, quiet roads, climbs if you want them and I met Jan Ullrich.

Last December went to the Costa Del Sol in december, which was even better. Brilliant riding (you can do any terrain you like within a 4 hour ride), 25 degrees every day, great scenery. Slightly busier roads though. I was also freaked out to see all the local cyclists wearing their longs and woolies in that kind of weather.
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • DaSy
    DaSy Posts: 599
    I too haven't done a proper trainig camp, but rode in the Sierra Nevada's this time last year and it was a joy. The roads are really quiet, drivers are courteous and the climbs are a joy. The weather was warm in the valleys and a tad chilly above 1500m. Pico Veletta is just down the road too...
    Complicating matters since 1965
  • Having been to both Mallorca and Andalucia (Sierra Nevada / Alpujarras region) I definitely preferred Andalucia. Much bigger choice of routes, quieter roads, nicer places to stay.
  • garetjax
    garetjax Posts: 175
    Anyone been to Mallorca in February?
    I am on the verge of booking for Puerto Pollencia, just a slight concern regarding the weather, but it sounds like it will probably be nice.
    I went to Costa Blanca rock climbing in February once; sunny and hot every day.