Thread to tell everyone what bike gear you've just bought !

Comments

• Jen J
    Jen J Posts: 1,054
    2 more Nothwave dream lady bibtights...

Are they really *that* good? And worth the money? Would they be good for weekend long rides?
    Commuting: Giant Bowery 08
    Winter Hack: Triandrun Vento 3
    Madone

It's all about me...
  • Jen J
    I just bought this Delta Michaelangelo gravity stand...

http://www.bikecare.co.uk/acc/cyclestands.html

so far...so good.

Easy to assemble (even for a *girl* ;)), and seems fairly stable. I just need to be careful next time I fall down the stairs, as I'll fall onto this, which presumably would then obey the laws of gravity and offload the bikes onto me :shock:
    Madone

It's all about me...
  • Jen J wrote:
    2 more Nothwave dream lady bibtights...

Are they really *that* good? And worth the money? Would they be good for weekend long rides?

Well, they are near as dammit to fitting well, they've kept me warm in this cold weather, and they're supremely comfortable - the padding's excellent. So one on, one in the drawer, one in the wash!

And I rang Sigma and they gave me a discount on their last 2 sets in my size... :D
  • Bikerbaboon
    Bikerbaboon Posts: 1,017
    rocksox reverlation 426 air fork and a new 456 frame as i manage to kill my last bike on sunday.
    Nothing in life can not be improved with either monkeys, pirates or ninjas
  • girv73
    girv73 Posts: 842
    Picked up two of the Tesco 3W Cree LED 2xAA torches this evening. I'll try and get some photos of them vs. my CatEye HL-500 sometime, but first impressions are that they are more lightsaber than torch :lol:

I'm going to try the cheapskate way of mounting them with jubilee clips, which I hope to pick up tomorrow, before giving up and buying some proper Twofish mounts. The Twofish mounts also have the advantage of having the same name as one of my favourite encryption algorithms.
    Today is a good day to ride
  • symo
    symo Posts: 1,743
    just bought some Pearl Izumi knee warmers from Prologue in East Sheen.
    +++++++++++++++++++++
    we are the proud, the few, Descendents.

Panama - finally putting a nail in the economic theory of the trickle down effect.
  • Jen J
    Cateye front and back lights
    Muc Off Bike Cleaning Kit
    Bike Lust Polish
    Chain lube
    Puncture repair kit
    Altura Overshoes
    Altura Jersey
    TV
    Wii

:lol:
    Madone

It's all about me...
  • Two inner tubes and two kmc single speed chains

Just done my bike maintenance course at Edinburgh bike coop, well recommend :D
  • I bought myself an LED thingy in the States that fixes to the front wheel and produces real purdy patterns when it's spinning. It would be great for safety and visibility if I didn't try to catch a look at the reflections it makes in shop windows.
    Tim Snaith
    50cycles Electric Bikes
    Advanced Electric Bicycles
    UK Distributor for Kalkhoff & Univega
    Order Online - Free UK Delivery
    www.50cycles.com
    0844 800 5979
  • New bike!!!!!!!

Finally got the ride2work voucher sorted. Went down to Evans in Waterloo and picked up a brand-new Charge Plug, plus all kinds of bits and bobs like puncture repair kits, inner tubes etc.

Had to ride it home, though - seven miles in the most horrendous rain and wind. I was soaked through by the time I got home.
  • linsen
    linsen Posts: 1,959
    Jen you stuck the TV and Wii on there hoping no-one would notice - can you do virtual cycling on a Wii? :wink:
    Obviously the TV would be permanently tuned to cycling-ralated channels..... I never watch anything else :wink:
    (actually I never watch anything)
    Emerging from under a big black cloud. All help welcome
  • Jen J
    linsen wrote:
    Jen you stuck the TV and Wii on there hoping no-one would notice - can you do virtual cycling on a Wii? :wink:
    Obviously the TV would be permanently tuned to cycling-ralated channels..... I never watch anything else :wink:

Pah. Rumbled. I will be watching the TV whilst on the turbo, so who knows what will eventually be able to be linked.

I did manage to completely thrash the 'not a boyfriend' at Wii Bowling though! :D
    Madone

It's all about me...
  • linsen
    linsen Posts: 1,959
    Good effort. I bet you didn't realise once on here that your love life would be scrutinised did you?
    I woudl quite like a Wii but don't want the children getting addicted - shall I just get one and play on it after they go to bed? :wink:
    Emerging from under a big black cloud. All help welcome
  • Jen J
    linsen wrote:
    Good effort. I bet you didn't realise once on here that your love life would be scrutinised did you?
    I woudl quite like a Wii but don't want the children getting addicted - shall I just get one and play on it after they go to bed? :wink:

a. what love life? ;)
    b. it's worse on my running site, and I write a blog there so everyone pretty much knows everything. Well, not *everything*... ;)

yes - get one and hide it - it's tiny anyway, they won't notice... :twisted:
    Madone

It's all about me...
  • Surf-Matt
    Surf-Matt Posts: 5,952
    A new rear light. Exciting huh?!

12051.jpg
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,052
    1 x SpokeLit (SKL-03) = $7.00
    Color Disc-O
    Color Green
    Color Red
    Color Blue

Shimano 105 10 speed double crankset @ £35.98 NEW from ebay, what a bargain :D
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,052
    Jen J wrote:
    linsen wrote:

Pah. Rumbled. I will be watching the TV whilst on the turbo, so who knows what will eventually be able to be linked.

I did manage to completely thrash the 'not a boyfriend' at Wii Bowling though! :D

interesting concept SCR turbo training with Internet live link-up, virtual scalping :twisted:
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • Jen J
    Bah! After posting earlier about not changing to clipless on the fixie until the summer, I've just bought SPDs and (ugly) shoes.

I completely blame the 'online retailer' thread on here :twisted:
    Madone

It's all about me...
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,538
    Jen J wrote:
    Bah! After posting earlier about not changing to clipless on the fixie until the summer, I've just bought SPDs and (ugly) shoes.

Ooops :wink:

But were they bargainous??

If they were, then it's all good 8)
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • I just got me some bright, bright lights :D

electron-twin-8-med.jpg

Also, a couple of new buffs (a reflective one for when it's dark and a fleecy one for when it's cold).
  • Jen J
    Daniel B wrote:
    Jen J wrote:

Ooops :wink:

But were they bargainous??

If they were, then it's all good 8)

The pedals were more bargainous than wiggle actually (where I buy almost everything) even with my platinum schnatinum discount. And wiggle didn't have the shoes.

But I did go for the cheapest possible, and got the lot for £57 :D

Must admit I wasn/t very adventurous with that thread. I got as far as Chain Reaction Cycles :oops:
    Madone

It's all about me...
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    Three pairs of Merino wool socks and some gloves from LewisKit.
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • Ummmm......

Specialized Tricross Sport '09

I kind of got a bit carried away... you know what it's like :oops:

I don't know who said the tyres are 32c - they look more like 38, they are flaming HOOGE.

I only hope my 27-35 tortec mudguards are okay with them.
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • Surf-Matt
    Surf-Matt Posts: 5,952
    Kieran - nice one!

Saw your post on SN too... :wink::lol:
  • You wouldn't believe the look I got from my wife!

Even the "but I'm saving that much a month" argument didn't work :?
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • Some clear sunglasses and some cheapy 3/4lengths which are too big but such is life with shopping on t'interweb.

No more now! No. Not a single thing. Must not spend any more money on bike gear. :oops:
  • il_principe
    il_principe Posts: 9,155
    Castelli Max Due Winter Gloves. Oh my god these are warm gloves, almost too warm

!castelli-7578-09-zoom.jpg
  • Jen J
    Some clear sunglasses and some cheapy 3/4lengths which are too big but such is life with shopping on t'interweb.

No more now! No. Not a single thing. Must not spend any more money on bike gear. :oops:

Didn't you just buy some interchangeable lens glasses? Or are these the same ones? I was going to ask if you'd recommend them, as I need to get something - I'm sick of ending up with tears streaming down my face from the wind etc....
    Madone

It's all about me...
  • Jen J wrote:
    Some clear sunglasses and some cheapy 3/4lengths which are too big but such is life with shopping on t'interweb.

Didn't you just buy some interchangeable lens glasses? Or are these the same ones? I was going to ask if you'd recommend them, as I need to get something - I'm sick of ending up with tears streaming down my face from the wind etc....

I have found these to be really good value:

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/p/Cycle/7/dhb_T ... 360021749/
  • il_principe
    il_principe Posts: 9,155
    Jen J wrote:

These are excellent and cheap - my training buddy has used them for the last year:

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/p/Cycle/7/dhb_Triple_Lens_Sunglasses/5360021749/

Being the snob that I am I prefer these:

12-803.JPG