Do you shave your legs in winter?

roadrider84
roadrider84 Posts: 335
edited November 2008 in The bottom bracket
I'm sorry to start yet another thread on leg shaving. However, who shaves their legs in winter?

I haven't shaved mine for almost three weeks now and they are really starting to itch! I figured I'd leave them until mid March to allow for an extra layer of warmth during the winter cycling season but I'm not sure I can put up with the itching much longer!

Comments

• Tom Butcher
    Tom Butcher Posts: 3,830
    No I don't bother from about the end of August.

it's a hard life if you don't weaken.
  • BigDarbs
    BigDarbs Posts: 132
    I keep going through the winter, mainly becasue it has a huge psychological effect on me! I find that for some reason I am far more committed to eating correctly, not drinking much and getting out on the bike when the weather is rough if I keep on shaving my legs!

So I keep doing it!
  • softlad
    softlad Posts: 3,513
    the itching will stop after another week or so...

I don't race anymore, but I used to let mine grow in winter, mainly because a) there was no reason to shave them (ie your legs were usually covered in winter and b) I couldn't be ar5ed....
  • Due to my heart attack in March I haven't shaved my legs at all this year. Bit scared I might cut myself and bleed to death due to the blood thinners I'm on at present.
    Also think I would have felt a bit self conscious in the gym at my cardiac rehab class. But come next March out will come the Bic's and away we'll go.

Can we fix it?
    Yes we can!
  • Keep mine shaved all round as a) I prefer it, and b) it is a pain to remove the lot in March, takes forever when fully grown.
  • Im from the placebo camp too; it is easier to train and train longer with shaved legs...weird but thats the way it goes!