winter gloves

Team515
Team515 Posts: 141
edited November 2008 in MTB buying advice
looking to get a pair of new gloves to keep my hands warm 8) and dry 8) any suggestions

Comments

• dunker
    dunker Posts: 1,503
    SealSkinz Waterproof Winter Technical MTB £34.99
    http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Mode ... elID=15092

and IF those ar'nt warm enough then maybe try some good quality winter motorcycle gloves?
  • Rich9
    Rich9 Posts: 1,635
    Endura Dexter. Very toasty, but not waterproof though
    2014 Whyte T-129S
  • Get yourself down to Aldi. A couple of weeks ago they had a load of winter specific cycling clothing in. All very good quality and very cheap. So cheap in fact you won't mind throwing it away at the end of winter. Amongst the things I bought were a pair of winter gloves. Gore Tex type with gel inserts, very warm, keep my fingers dry in wet conditions so far and only cost £3!!!!

Regards

Rob
  • guilliano
    guilliano Posts: 5,495
    Endura Strike! Same as the Dexter but waterproof too. They work, as I found out in a sideways topple into mud and nasty water the other day!!!
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    dunker wrote:
    and IF those ar'nt warm enough then maybe try some good quality winter motorcycle gloves?

Real winter motorbike gloves are way ott for cycling, they're pretty bulky too. All season gloves- basically thin-ish waterproofs- will do the job but they're expensive, I wear them because I've got about 10 pairs of motorbike gloves but they're not a very good choice if you're buying IMO.
    Uncompromising extremist
  • dunker
    dunker Posts: 1,503
    depends how badly he feels the cold, those endura strike gloves i found really let the wind in and my hands went numb very quickly. for someone else they well may be perfect.
  • guilliano
    guilliano Posts: 5,495
    When they are released the Endura Deluge gloves will be the ultimate winter glove. Until then I do like my Strikes
  • Team515
    Team515 Posts: 141
    cheers guys
  • I have been using Knog Salutes
    There great cos there not full finger or fingerless. Your thumb and two braking fingers are closed then your other two are open. So you get more movement from them and i think there like £14.99
  • nesty
    nesty Posts: 100
    Get yourself down to Aldi. A couple of weeks ago they had a load of winter specific cycling clothing in. All very good quality and very cheap. So cheap in fact you won't mind throwing it away at the end of winter. Amongst the things I bought were a pair of winter gloves. Gore Tex type with gel inserts, very warm, keep my fingers dry in wet conditions so far and only cost £3!!!!

Regards

Rob

I brought a set of the Aidl ones. Not bad for £3. Waterproof to a certain degree. If it's lashing down the water starts seeping through. £3 bargain tho!
  • canada16
    canada16 Posts: 2,360
    I got a normal pair of 661's and my missus cut up some of her thin lady fingure gloves and they poped right inside.

My hands are nice and toastie and great fit and brakes and shifters still very easy to use.

COST 0.00, or a pound or two if you dont have a missus :lol: