Thread to tell everyone what bike gear you've just bought !

Comments

• Feltup
    Feltup Posts: 1,340
    Handlebar mounting bracket for my garmin (car) satnav... we'll see how that goes - it has a bike mode!

Remember not to hide it under your seat when you park up. Thieves will see the mount and definitely look there :wink:
    Short hairy legged roadie FCN 4 or 5 in my baggies.

Felt F55 - 2007
    Specialized Singlecross - 2008
    Marin Rift Zone - 1998
    Peugeot Tourmalet - 1983 - taken more hits than Mohammed Ali
  • Feltup
    OK suppose I should say what I have bought this year but I am afraid to see the total.

Felt F55
    Ultegra pedals
    Cannondale shoes
    Cannondale jerseys x2
    Bib shorts
    Bib 3/4's
    Baggies
    Gilet
    Spec skid lid
    Gloves long
    Mitts
    Carbon water bottle cage + bottles
    seat pack small and medium
    CO2 combi pump
    multi tool
    12-27 cassette for cycling in the peak as 11-23 was damn hard on 1:5
    SKS race blades
    over shoes
    spare tyre and inners
    Fenix L2D *
    crank bro speed lever *
    cuddly toy (well this is a bit like the generation game)
    new chain for mtn bike
    new rear wheel mtn bike
    new stem
    brake pads
    tools

christ it is worse than I thought, but I still want a fixie!

* brilliant bits of kit

Felt F55 - 2007
    Marin Rift Zone - 1998
  • Feltup wrote:
    Handlebar mounting bracket for my garmin (car) satnav... we'll see how that goes - it has a bike mode!

Remember not to hide it under your seat when you park up. Thieves will see the mount and definitely look there :wink:

I don't think I'd be able to hide it under the seat of my bicycle... It'll be coming with me wherever I go - I always have pockets/rucksack/panniers.

I'm just interested to see a) how well the bike mode works and b) whether it falls off the mount when I cycle over a pothole...
  • Feltup
    I always have pockets/rucksack/panniers.

With that much luggage capacity your FCN must be massive! Stop shaving your legs and you could mix it up with the Bromptons!!

Felt F55 - 2007
    Marin Rift Zone - 1998
  • Hence the FCN 7...

They don't seem to slow me down... but that list was an either/or. I rarely use a backpack for commuting.
  • Feltup
    I remember it was said that Fignon lost the TDF to Lemond due to his pony tail; maybe you should be an 8?

Perhaps it should be put to the FCN committee?

Felt F55 - 2007
    Marin Rift Zone - 1998
  • symo
    symo Posts: 1,743
    Chain cleaner from Decathalon £9.95.
    asset_6921638.jpg

I have also bought some stick on carbon patcheds where the D lock sometimes bounces against my lovely gold frame. I think they were £3.95

Also bought some trausers for Yoga, as the the girls in my class look great so I can't let the male side down can I?
    +++++++++++++++++++++
    we are the proud, the few, Descendents.

Panama - finally putting a nail in the economic theory of the trickle down effect.
  • NGale
    NGale Posts: 1,866
    New electron front light (5 led), secondary Topeak front light (to be seen type), saddle pack, jet valve pump and an ordinary new pump.

ooooh and some Muc Off in order to keep the machine clean.
    Officers don't run, it's undignified and panics the men
  • psutton
    psutton Posts: 206
    Just ordered myself some tights from Foska...
  • Fenix LD20, and bike mount, impressive little light. Ironically with the clocks going back, I don't need to use it right now, but switched it on this morning just for the hell of it
    If you see the candle as flame, the meal is already cooked.
    Photography, Google Earth, Route 30
  • Cateye Single shot+ and TL LD610 (rear) thats what I planned to buy then leave. What actually happened was that I got the above, then ordered a pair of Sanitni Winter bibs £110, Santini Jacket £150 and a Merino wool base layer. They have just phoned to say its all in, will be leaving work early to go and collect it all.

Broke a Molar 2 hours after leaving the LBS, will be giving some Josef Mengele money to not hurt me on Friday morning :cry:

Spent all that money and now cant ride as having cold air enter my mouth stops me in my tracks.
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,052
    Some kind of hat come neck warmer thing
    Pair Campagnolo (black) brakes
    Crane Creek brake levers
    Yet more stupidly expensive Park Tools

Looking right now at base layers and full length bib tights, brrrr!
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • A black reflective buff,
    Northwave dream lady bib tights,
    Polaris water resistant 3/4 lengths
    Cycling glasses with interchangeable lenses
    Pearl Izumi full gloves.

It's cold out there!
  • I have just given wiggle some more money

1 Endura Thermolite Socks (refer a friend :wink:)
    * 1 of Endura Thermolite Tights w/o Pad
    * 1 of SealSkinz Mid Light Waterproof Socks
    * 1 of dhb Triple Lens Sunglasses (Smoke) (refer a friend :lol:)

Also got a cheapo 21 led front light from the bay to match the two tesco torches

Just got a park pcs10 the other day as well

I really really want a pair of schwalbe marathon suprmes but I am trying to resist.

Work keep giving me overtime so I keep using this as an excuse to the wife that it isn't budgeted money, so far so good :D

Edit, also going to Edinburgh Bicycle Coop on Saturday to do a intensive cycle maintenance class :shock:
  • Vivid
    Vivid Posts: 267
    Maxxis Swampthing 2.35 Dual Ply 42a SuperTacky (Front)
    Maxxis Swampthing 2.35 Dual Ply 60a MaxxPro (Rear)

Going to run 30 psi front and back and see how it goes, dual ply so shouldn't get a snakebite. My only concern is the difference between 42a and 60a compound and if the rear tyre i chose will be suited for my routes. My trails are extremely muddy and damp so i will see how they fair.
  • don_don
    don_don Posts: 1,007
    Vivid wrote:
    Maxxis Swampthing 2.35 Dual Ply 42a SuperTacky (Front)
    Maxxis Swampthing 2.35 Dual Ply 60a MaxxPro (Rear)

Going to run 30 psi front and back and see how it goes, dual ply so shouldn't get a snakebite. My only concern is the difference between 42a and 60a compound and if the rear tyre i chose will be suited for my routes. My trails are extremely muddy and damp so i will see how they fair.

This being commuting, prepare for the broadside Vivid!! :wink:

Incidentally, I'm very happy with Panaracer Trailrakers in the mud :oops: :wink:
  • don_don
    don_don Posts: 1,007
    Incidentally, symo's picture of a can of chain cleaner has really made my day :roll:
  • Dinotte 200L AA front light and 140L AA rear light.

Didn't see me ? Yeah Right !!!
    FCN 11, Hmmm
  • amircp
    amircp Posts: 132
    Specialized sonama shoes one size up as I can't wear thick socks with my current shoes

Shorter stem for bike no 2 (Pro LT 90mm)
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,052
    this is getting out of control :shock:

1 Park Tool Adjustable Pin Spanner
    1 Park Tool BB - Cassette Lockring Tool - BBT5 Fits Campagnolo
    1 Shimano Single Speed Freewheel 18t
    1 of dhb Merston Bib Tights Large Black
    1 of dhb Compton Zip Neck L/S Base Layer Large Black
    1 of Pearl Izumi Vagabond R4 Road Shoes 44 Black/Sangria
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • AndyManc
    AndyManc Posts: 1,393
    AndyManc wrote:
    Right .. this is the last .. the very last bike related purchase I will make this year :?

I've been after a workstand for a few years , and finally ..

lifeline-spin-doc-dlx-ss07-med.jpg

Almost half price :) , the reviews I've seen says it does the job.

No more lifting my bikes up with my head under the seat while I adjust the gears :P

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/p/Cycle/7/LifeLine_Spin_Doctor_Deluxe_Workstand/5360009217/

Reveived the workstand a few days ago, anyone thinking about getting one, I can recommend it.

Defo have my Spesh hardrock pro on it this weekend, used it for my commute tonight, slipping gears all over the place and stiff brakes :? , well , not used it for 6 months so I should have expected a few problems :shock:
    Specialized Hardrock Pro/Trek FX 7.3 Hybrid/Specialized Enduro/Specialized Tri-Cross Sport
    URBAN_MANC.png
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,538
    My new Blackburm 4 arrived to day at work, so is coming out to play for the ride home :D

Little bit dissapointed that although it has 2 different fittings, it appears you have to unscrew part of it to then attach it to the second fitment.

Was hoping for a fit and forget system of rack and seatpost on two different bikes, and then swap between them.

blackburn-eh2011369-med.jpg
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • I bought a Topeek Alien RX muiltool £8.50 down from £29.50, good old Halfords bargin basket!

Bargin! :D
    "If we all had hardtails we'd all go down the hill, just slower"
    Nick Larsen

Voodoo D-Jab Ti
    Boardman Road Team 09
    Boardman Urban Team 08
    Falcon 3 Speed
  • I bought a spare inner tube when my local Halfords was closing down to relocate over the road. It cost a whole 50p. Oh, and I bought a headset for 10p!
  • I bought a spare inner tube when my local Halfords was closing down to relocate over the road. It cost a whole 50p. Oh, and I bought a headset for 10p!

Call me old fashioned, but a headset is something I might just be prepared to splash out on... :wink:
    Swim. Bike. Run. Yeah. That's what I used to do.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A

Last week I bought a BB for £1 from halfords! :D

Got to love Halfords :D
    "If we all had hardtails we'd all go down the hill, just slower"
    Nick Larsen

Voodoo D-Jab Ti
    Boardman Road Team 09
    Boardman Urban Team 08
    Falcon 3 Speed
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    NapoleonD wrote:
    Got a pair of white top of the range Spesh BG shoes (170 quids worth!), Pearl Izumi top and shorts for nowt following a photo shoot yesterday :)
    Picked up my Dura Ace WH 7850 C24 CL wheels today too, oh and bought my daughter's Ridgeback Scoot christmas present too when I picked them up from the shop...

Oh, and today just ordered full DA 7900, Pro Stealth Evo monocoque bar/stem, FSA K force seatpost and Fizik Aliante Carbon saddle too :)
  • Jay dubbleU
    Jay dubbleU Posts: 3,159
    Blackburn Quantum
  • Greg66 wrote:
    I bought a spare inner tube when my local Halfords was closing down to relocate over the road. It cost a whole 50p. Oh, and I bought a headset for 10p!

Call me old fashioned, but a headset is something I might just be prepared to splash out on... :wink:

+1. I bought that headset before I'd even gotten my new bike out of the garage. I just figured that at 10p it would be silly to leave it behind, even if it doesn't fit my bike (I still don't know if it does). It was worth it just to spend half an hour playing with the bearings.
  • 2 more Nothwave dream lady bibtights...