Wagon Wheels used to be bigger!

secretsam
secretsam Posts: 5,098
edited November 2008 in The bottom bracket
There, I've said it.

Feel better now.

It's just a hill. Get over it.

Comments

• And those girls that do the BBC weather forecasting seem to get younger every year too. :lol:
  • Your hands used to be smaller which gave the impression that you were holding an enormous piece of confectionary.

Truth be told I have no idea, what I do know however is that I want one now. Thanks for that! :roll: .
  • secretsam
    secretsam Posts: 5,098
    Stewie - if you pop round to our office, we've two left, but you'll have to be quick...

It's just a hill. Get over it.
  • DaSy
    DaSy Posts: 599
    I don't think I'd have to grin to get one in nowadays....errr..Wagon Wheels that is!
    Complicating matters since 1965
  • Yes.... smaller hands. :lol:
    Ride a bike.... be happy.
  • don_don
    don_don Posts: 1,007
    No, she's right.

And Snickers have got smaller since they brought the fat-boys 'Duo' version out too.

God, don't get me started :evil:
  • Infamous
    Infamous Posts: 1,130
    Policemen used to be Taller.
    Winters used to be colder.
    Isn't there an awful lot of gays on television these days?

any more?
  • Jay dubbleU
    Jay dubbleU Posts: 3,159
    When I were a lad you could get a bus into town, see a film, have a few beers and a fish and chip supper, get a taxi home and still have change out of sixpence :roll:
  • SecretSam wrote:
    Stewie - if you pop round to our office, we've two left, but you'll have to be quick...

DAMN, that will teach me to leave work early :lol:
  • iain_j
    iain_j Posts: 1,941
    Infamous wrote:
    Policemen used to be Taller.
    Winters used to be colder.
    Isn't there an awful lot of gays on television these days?

any more?

I can cope with milder winters (tho I miss building snowmen :D )

But what happened to old fashioned dry, sunny summers :?
  • Who cares if Wagon Wheels have got smaller? They're vile! More importantly pink wafers have risen in price quicker than any other biscuits.

Can we fix it?
    Yes we can!
  • Wagon Wheels are actually the same diameter they have always been but they have been given more rounded edges to make them compatible with automated packaging on the production line.
  • Wagon Wheels are actually the same diameter they have always been but they have been given more rounded edges to make them compatible with automated packaging on the production line.

And they don't package Yorkie's properly anymore either :evil:
    http://twitter.com/mgalex
    www.ogmorevalleywheelers.co.uk

10TT 24:36 25TT: 57:59 50TT: 2:08:11, 100TT: 4:30:05 12hr 204.... unfinished business
  • And gob-stoppers used to be bigger as well.

Can we fix it?
    Yes we can!
  • SecretSam wrote:
    There, I've said it.

Feel better now.

Apparently they really did - due to a change in the manufacturing process, the diameter is somewhat reduced from the originals. It's all in the 'bible of biscuits', A Nice Cup of Tea and a Sit Down - a highly recommended read, offering both a trip down memory lane and a great deal of humour.

David
    "It is not enough merely to win; others must lose." - Gore Vidal