O what a beautiful morning!

tailwindhome
tailwindhome Posts: 18,929
edited October 2008 in Commuting chat
ClearBlue Sky! A degree or two above zero! No wind!

First time on the bike for 11 days, due to Man Flu and some seriously bad weather. Felt horrendous for the first couple of miles but got into it and took 5 mins off my previous time. :D

Better than all that, arrived at work and the maintenance guys had remembered to switch on the heating :o

Have to admit though when lying in my pit and the alarm goes off it was only the peer pressure to MTFU that got me going. This is possibly very sad, how can there be peer pressure from people you have never met.
“New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!

Comments

• girv73
    girv73 Posts: 842
    Seemed like a nice day outside, as I sat in the cage :( I bet the weather turns to crap for next week when I'm due to try the bike again.
    Today is a good day to ride
  • First morning I've been out at 8 since the cold snap began (most days my lectures don't start until midday). Also the first time I've cycled five miles without turning into a sweatbag: Long-sleeved cotton top and my hi-vis waterproof did the trick just nicely. A new (longer) seatpost meant that despite feeling ill halfway (dodgy porridge) I averaged 12.1mph on the way in: a new best, even with a prevailing headwind.

In summary: :D
  • Had to take the car in for a service so I spent the morning commute stuck in traffic watching the bicyles fly past :(
  • biondino
    biondino Posts: 5,990
    Had a shocker - no energy and an unusual easterly headwind. Didn't enjoy it at all.
  • biondino wrote:
    Had a shocker - no energy and an unusual easterly headwind. Didn't enjoy it at all.

+1. Really hard work this morning. Hopefully it will stay in the east and push me home!
  • Bit dull and cloudy out this way, still a light frost making everything look wistful.

Accuweather is predicting rain later, so long as I get home first I don't care :D
    If you see the candle as flame, the meal is already cooked.
    Photography, Google Earth, Route 30
  • wgwarburton
    wgwarburton Posts: 1,863
    + 1 on the hard work/easterly wind...

Missed the 0729 this am (by seconds, I hate it when that happens): still gave me time to buy scones before the next one... :-)

Cheers,
    W.
  • + 1 on the hard work/easterly wind...

Missed the 0729 this am (by seconds, I hate it when that happens): still gave me time to buy scones before the next one... :-)

Cheers,
    W.

Not buns? I'm disappointed in you.
  • It was a little cold at 5am this morning. I’m sure I was born a reptile and need heat to function properly. Why did I move back here from the Med????

Commutes were so much warmer, Cycling shoes shorts and helmet was all you needed to be comfortable.

But the cold is a welcome change from 25 degrees of dry heat.

Lovely day day now though.
    The doctor said I needed to start drinking more whiskey. Also, I’m calling myself ‘the doctor’ now
  • Bagman
    Bagman Posts: 311
    Had to drive today (2nd time in a month). Just reminded me how much better I feel after cycling in to work. Hopefully tomorrow will not be too icy. I can take the cold but on the roads that I use, things can get a little hairy when the temperature drops to zero!
  • The wind appears to still be in the east!

Heathrow TAF says north-east, but I'll take what I can get. :D
  • now wind in marlow
    The doctor said I needed to start drinking more whiskey. Also, I’m calling myself ‘the doctor’ now