I maybe some time.

nicklouse
nicklouse Posts: 50,675
edited October 2008 in The Crudcatcher
I am playing.

img2769dz8.th.jpg

:D
"Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
Parktools :?:SheldonBrown

Comments

• 1340jas
    1340jas Posts: 217
    A better game would be to take each set of forks to bits and place all the bits in a bag.
    Give it a good shake and then see how long it takes to get all the bits back together.
    Remember to check the bag for the one left over washer at the end.
  • KB8
    KB8 Posts: 123
    I'd rather play on the trails
  • whyamihere
    whyamihere Posts: 7,695
    1340jas wrote:
    A better game would be to take each set of forks to bits and place all the bits in a bag.
    Give it a good shake and then see how long it takes to get all the bits back together.
    Remember to check the bag for the one left over washer at the end.
    2 '04 Z150s and an '05 Z1 Freeride 2 by the looks of it... There's bugger all in them, so it wouldn't take long to put back together.
  • nicklouse
    1 3.5 Z150 Fr, 1 04 Z159 FR SL and 1 05 Z1 FR 2

spot the problem.

oh and the internals are not going back in the fork that they came out from.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
  • whyamihere
    Making a dual HSCV Z1 without the silly QR20 things?
  • nicklouse
    Mmm had not thought of that one.

the plan is a doppio air Z1 FR2 with EEC5 lose a bit or weight as the bike is getting an extra front cog.
    and then to ETA the Alloy legs and steerer of the other. one leaving a basic 150mm dual spring steel legs and steerered fork.

But OK i know the springs were bigger diameter in the steel fork but i had not considered the top cap would also be different threads.....

Must find a parts bin soon.
  • nicklouse
    Mmm

so at the moment it will be a 130mm Z1 FR2 inners with a Z150 FR Qr lowers and Z150 FR SL uppers
    and a Z1 FR 2 upper and lower with Z150 FR SL air spings and ECC5 damping.

and the last will be the Z150 FR upper and inners with the SL lowers.

will be on the look out for a 130mm ETA cart and spring.
  • whyamihere
    Can't you machine one of the other top caps to take the ETA cart? I'm pretty sure I worked out a way to do it but didn't actually go through with it before I sold my '03 Z1 with ETA to Tom.
  • nicklouse
    nope there is an air valve in the middle.

not a simple mod. already thought of that.
  • whyamihere
    Ah, hold on, just thought. The '03 top cap was the same thread as the '05 top cap, so that was probably my method... :oops:
  • nicklouse
    But the 03 caps on the steel leged forks is different.
  • whyamihere
    Indeed. Only solution I can think of is to find a snapped '03 Z1, some of them came with the faulty cracking crowns, so there might be someone wanting to chuck a set still...
  • nicklouse
    or you know a shop with lots of new old stock :wink:
  • whyamihere
    Oh yeah... Any 30mm stanchion uppers to fit a Z5 going spare? ;)
  • nicklouse
    might just be. will have a look when i get over there.

i know they have some shiver SC uppers :wink:
  • whyamihere
    Trying to create a Shiver/Z5 hybrid could be interesting... Create a low budget RAC with less carbon.
  • nicklouse
    the Z5 had the bolt on crown?

well i know some did and some did not.

what you needing?
  • whyamihere
    Mine's the one with the cryofit crown, I *think* the bolted ones fit too though. My steerer's a bit short and slightly damaged, and the stanchions are somewhat corroded. It works, just, but the fork's nowhere near as nice as it should be, but I can't complain as I got it for £15. If I could get a new upper assembly they'd be nice, but Windwave wanted some stupid amount of money (I seem to remember that I could get an MX Pro for the same price...)
  • nicklouse
    what length steerer do you need?

as there are a few i can get my mits on...
  • Sir HC
    Sir HC Posts: 20,148
    Nick,

Does the 2005 Z1 have any play in the bushings at full rebound ? I've come across a few sets that have.
    Intense Socom
    Inbred
  • nicklouse
    come back from the kitchen.

No play at all. and these are not new but have been used, ib both 130 and 150mm currently at 150mm.
  • whyamihere
    nicklouse wrote:
    what length steerer do you need?

as there are a few i can get my mits on...
    I'll have a measure up tomorrow, cheers.
  • whyamihere
    Just had a look, and I need a steerer > 200mm if you have anything around that. Cheers.
  • nicklouse
    Will have a butchers next week.
  • whyamihere
    Thanks.