Stumpjumper FSR Cable routing

Shins
Shins Posts: 6
edited October 2008 in MTB workshop & tech
Whats the correct routing for the rear brake on the FSR 07 model? I currently have the cable going through where the shock is but im getting cable rub on the suspension linkage. Also do people use a full length of outer for the rear gear cable? If anyone could show me a picture of their frame that would be great.

Comments

• Big Red S
    Big Red S Posts: 26,890
    As I recall, from the factory, it went through the hole above the forward shock mount, then outside the frame above the hole the shock goes through, and onto the rear stay.

I imagine it'd wear pretty badly without some sort of protection, but can't see any other way of doing it.

I think they came with a full rear mech outer, too.
  • stumpyjon
    stumpyjon Posts: 4,069
    On mine it runs down the down tube, under the bottom bracket and then up the inside of the chain stay to loop up to the caliper (this is how it was when I first got it new). Rear mech run is full outer.

I've had the cables rub through each other and into the frame (leaving a groove under the bottom bracket). I've also trie running the brake hose up the outside of the chain stay but that wore as well. There also seems to be another hose routing point further up the seat seat stay but nothings ever been attached to that.
    It's easier to ask for forgiveness than for permission.

I've bought a new bike....ouch - result
    Can I buy a new bike?...No - no result
  • Shins
    Shins Posts: 6
    Sounds like you get rub no matter which way you try then. Might have to try put some helicopter tape on the linkage lol.