Kona Stab 99

Joe0204
Joe0204 Posts: 4
edited November 2008 in MTB workshop & tech
After a few years of not riding i have pulled my old Kona Stab 99 model out of the shed.
As expected there are things that need changing on it.......... when i bought it, it came with Rock Shox Pyslo forks....... i have a pair of Bomber Z1's on my other bike.... I cant say i have the best bike knowledge in the world so would it be advisable to fit the bombers to my Kona or leave the Physlo's on ??? I need to fit a new headset anyway so would make sense to do the forks at the same time. Im going to be using the Kona for Freeride/DH. Any advice will be great......... Also any one got a clue of what price i could sell my stab for ? just off the top of the head ?!

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    which Z1's and what ever you get for it. IE put it up for sale and see.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • They are Bomber Z1 Drop Offs....... Bright green.......
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    .keep the forks and use on something else and put the rest/frame on Ebay

but then again the forks may get a bit as they are nice and retro.

But they would suit a nice HT frame.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • Cool, thanks for your imput.......Had a go at swapping them at the weekend but need to change the yoke on the bombers as tubing length is not long enough for my frame...... just going to run with the phsylos till i can afford new forks or bike/frame......