OT: video editing software

term1te
term1te Posts: 1,462
edited October 2008 in The bottom bracket
Can anyone recommend some video editing software suitable for home movies, etc? Something that is fairly simple to use and will run on XP. Having looked at a few reviews on Amazon, I’m more confused than I was before.

Many thanks!

Comments

• schlepcycling
    schlepcycling Posts: 1,614
    edited October 2008
    Does XP not come with Windows Movie Maker?, it's not the best but it'd allow your to edit you home movies.
    'Hello to Jason Isaacs'
  • I use Sony Vegas Movie Studio. Looking on the web-stie, you can download it for < £30. I tried a few and found this to be the best balance for me - though I'm not sure that I would call any of them "simple to use"!

_
  • Jamey
    Jamey Posts: 2,152
    For PCs, the main players are Adobe, Avid (who now own Pinnacle) and Ulead. All of those companies have a variety of products so have a look at their websites. You can often get free trials of software.
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    VirtualDubMod. A freebie from sourceforge. works with a load of video files that I get. I've not fully exploited all the toys included but so far I've made a clip slo-mo, reversed a clip, rotated the clip from portrait to landscape or vice versa.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • mhuk
    mhuk Posts: 327
    I've used Vegas, VirtualDub, a CyberLink one and others.

The easiest one IMO for quick editing is Womble MPEG Video Wizard (also called Womble DVD). Vegas is powerful and has loads of features but is not easy to use without reading the help files and wasting a few hours.