Bit OTT

owen_MTB
owen_MTB Posts: 222
edited October 2008 in The Crudcatcher
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/hampshire/7695590.stm

Bit uncalled for IMO, after what he did for Pompey.
It is a rough road that leads to the heights of greatness

Comments

• Rich9
    Rich9 Posts: 1,635
    i agree. So called football fans are a fickle bunch
    2014 Whyte T-129S
  • Sorry.. how can I feel sorry for a manager who was extremely well paid to do his job.. who continually stated he'd never leave who then turns his back on the club again? he still got his freedom of the city..

if he didn't try and put his own self-publicising spin on everything he'd be far more respected..

fwiw I don't have a huge problem with him going.. I just wish he'd get on with it and stopped trying to make out he did the club a favour etc...

Anyway.. it won't be long until he leaves Spurs anyway.. I give him 18 months
  • downfader
    downfader Posts: 3,686
    Sorry.. how can I feel sorry for a manager who was extremely well paid to do his job.. who continually stated he'd never leave who then turns his back on the club again? he still got his freedom of the city..

if he didn't try and put his own self-publicising spin on everything he'd be far more respected..

fwiw I don't have a huge problem with him going.. I just wish he'd get on with it and stopped trying to make out he did the club a favour etc...

Anyway.. it won't be long until he leaves Spurs anyway.. I give him 18 months

I dont think he ever did say it was Pompey and only Pompey until the end. I've heard a few tv snippets a long while back where he said he'd relish the chance to turn around another club like Portsmouth as he's getting on now.

There again, I'm no footie fan, even Saints neer interested me :oops: :lol: