Dammit

NorwegianBlue
NorwegianBlue Posts: 484
edited October 2008 in Road general
You don't often get a bargain on ebay these days, but I've been watching an old Hercules 3 speed all week. It was under ten miles from my house, looked pretty good and wasn't attracting bids. With ten minutes to go it was at £5.50 with only two bids. I was planning to put in a last second bid at £10.01 or similar. Normally in these cases I find that the item goes above my limit with minutes to go, after days of watching.

Then I got distracted by my three year old son and missed the close of the auction by seconds! And when I checked later it had gone for just £7. Damn, damn, damn.

I've never had a three speed in the stable and I'd really like one, that one being so near to home seemed too good to be true. 'Scuse me while I go and kick myself.
"Swearing, it turns out, is big and clever" - Jarvis Cocker

Comments

• bagpusscp
    bagpusscp Posts: 2,907
    There is a shop/ group in York that buys& sells a lot of old bikes .Not sure of the trade name ,but they have a lot of pictures on the flickr photo site.His flickr name is Bike resuce. I do not know what his prices are like.May be worth a further look.
    bagpuss
  • Dickie
    Dickie Posts: 1,489
    My condolences, it is a royal pain in the arse when that happens.