Manchester UCI World Cup 31st Oct

SparkyP
SparkyP Posts: 259
edited November 2008 in Track
Just went online to get tickets and its sold out... :(

Comments

• Bronzie
    Bronzie Posts: 4,927
    £10 "Standing" tickets going on sale this Fri 5/9/08 via Ticketmaster - get 'em while they're hot.
  • SparkyP
    Thanks Bronzie.I shall log on then.

Mark.
  • SparkyP
    Hi

Out of curiosity,where is the standing area at Manchester??

Thanks

Mark.
  • I imagine it's at each end.

It'll be a shame is that's filled with standing ticket holders because I like to go there for a while to feel the whoosh. never mind - the more spectators the better really, I know!
  • avoidingmyphd
    avoidingmyphd Posts: 1,154
    edited September 2008
    double post - sorry. move along please.
  • Bronzie
    Bronzie Posts: 4,927
    SparkyP wrote:
    Out of curiosity,where is the standing area at Manchester??
    There isn't one really - like Avoidingmyphd says, it'll probably be at the ends on the banking - there are grandstands of seats on all of both straights so no extra room there. If you are more than a couple of rows back from the railings, I doubt you'll see much so it could be a case of get there early to bag your spot and don't move!
  • graeme_s-2
    graeme_s-2 Posts: 3,382
    I was looking at getting tickets for this, but while I discussed what day we were going to go with the family (my gf, my Dad and his wife) the tickets sold out :(

Will have to make do with the Revolution events this year and make sure I'm more on the ball in future.
  • I have 2 seated home straight tickets for sale for this event-for the Friday session(s) (31-10-08) if anybody is interested. PM with any offers
  • guv001
    guv001 Posts: 688
    Does anyone know of any TV coverage of this event I can only find BBC 2 Sunday for 1 hour.
  • Eddy S
    Eddy S Posts: 1,013
    guv001 wrote:
    Does anyone know of any TV coverage of this event I can only find BBC 2 Sunday for 1 hour.
    From BBC's website:

Track Cycling World Cup - Manchester

Friday 31 October TBC
    1900-2240, BBC Red Button/online (Not available on Freeview until 2130)

Saturday 1 November
    1900-2230, BBC Red Button/online

Sunday 2 November
    1400-1700, BBC Two/online
    I’m a sprinter – I warmed up yesterday.
  • guv001
    guv001 Posts: 688
    Thanks for that, I would'nt have found that..
  • iain_j
    iain_j Posts: 1,941
    I tried weeks ago, at the Nationals, even back then they were sold out. Olympic fever? That's what got me to the Nationals at least and I'm hooked :D
  • NervexProf
    NervexProf Posts: 4,202
    First Nights results and pictures here:

http://www.cyclingnews.com/track/2008/w ... chester081

Brits on top again!
    Common sense in an uncommon degree is what the world calls wisdom
  • Does anyone know of any European (satellite) TV coverage? (I am tuned to Astra 19.2 and Hotbird 13.)
  • iain_j
    iain_j Posts: 1,941
    Anyone know if it's going to be on freeview channel 301 or 302 tonight? I'm out all evening so need to set the timer, sport currently on 302 but it was 301 last night. Don't want 3 hours of the electric proms :?
  • NervexProf
    NervexProf Posts: 4,202
    Common sense in an uncommon degree is what the world calls wisdom