Aqueduct 160km, Holmes Chapel + beer at 1.42 a pint?

duckfoot1606
duckfoot1606 Posts: 89
edited October 2008 in The bottom bracket
Evening all

Finished the Aqueduct 160km audax earlier, Holmes Chapel across Cheshire into Wales and back again passing the Pontcysyllte Aqueduct on the way. A smidgin under 160 km according to my computer but easily the furthest I have even ridden in a day, so well chuffed. Better still, draft Sam Smiths bitter was £1.42 a pint at the Swan pub in HC, the cheapest pint I have had in a while!!.

There's a god and he loved me today!!

Sleep tight all.

AP

Comments

• Sounds like Christmas came early for you this year, Duckfoot . Glad you enjoyed the ride and the beer.
    Two wheels good,four wheels bad
  • NervexProf
    NervexProf Posts: 4,202
    Evening all

Finished the Aqueduct 160km audax earlier, Holmes Chapel across Cheshire into Wales and back again passing the Pontcysyllte Aqueduct on the way. A smidgin under 160 km according to my computer but easily the furthest I have even ridden in a day, so well chuffed. Better still, draft Sam Smiths bitter was £1.42 a pint at the Swan pub in HC, the cheapest pint I have had in a while!!.

There's a god and he loved me today!!

Sleep tight all.

AP

Congratulations Duckfoot - 160Km a great ride at this time a year; and topped of with a pint of Sam Smith's at £1.42 would have put a smile on many faces.
    Common sense in an uncommon degree is what the world calls wisdom
  • DavidBelcher
    DavidBelcher Posts: 2,684
    NervexProf wrote:
    topped of with a pint of Sam Smith's at £1.42 would have put a smile on many faces.

I'm off to York for a Christmas shopping visit in a few weeks - at that sort of price, I may have to pop into The Hansom Cab for old times' sake. :)

David
    "It is not enough merely to win; others must lose." - Gore Vidal
  • DavidBelcher
    DavidBelcher Posts: 2,684
    NervexProf wrote:
    topped of with a pint of Sam Smith's at £1.42 would have put a smile on many faces.

I'm off to York for a Christmas shopping visit in a few weeks - at that sort of price, I may have to pop into The Hansom Cab for old times' sake. :)

David
    "It is not enough merely to win; others must lose." - Gore Vidal