Anyone for AC/DC?

David Lund
David Lund Posts: 602
edited November 2008 in The Crudcatcher
Anyone going to see the gods of rock and roll next year?
I couldnt manage to get tickets for the UK so i had to settle for Rotterdam :lol:
Took me 5 hours to get through for the tickets but its so so so worth it!
Dave

Comments

• mcbazza
    mcbazza Posts: 251
    I'd sell my soul to get AC/DC tickets!!

Thankfully, it didn't come to that.
    Managed to bag 2 for the O2 in London, moments after they went on sale on Friday al 10am.

But, had to join the fan club first (noticed that you could claim a refund on the cost if you didn't managed to get tickets), and then set a reminder on my mobile phone, and then tell anyone/everyone at work that I was busy at 10am yesterday!!

I forget when it was I saw them last. Might have been late 90s, and at Wembley Arena. Easily the best gig I've ever been to in my life - I was *right* at the front, in front of Angus, and had marks all down my back from the cute lass behind me whose underwiring was rubbing on me!!

You heard the new album? I may, or may not, have aquired it off of t'internet. But, for legal reasons, couldn't possibly comment. And, of course, I'll be buying it on launch!!
    Stumpy, Rockhopper (stolen!) & custom SX Trail II - that should do it!
  • Ah you lucky begger! i just couldnt get through to any of the uk venues, the booking was pretty bad and theres been loads of complaints.
    I cant complain though! i always said id even go abroad to see them so the netherlands if great :D
    Hopefully il get close to the boys as were standing on the main floor.
    Yea the new albums pretty awsome, came through the post today and its been on a loop most of the afternoon.
    I cant wait till next year :twisted:
  • mcbazza
    I just can't believe they limited you to 2 tickets per person/card!!
    I know so many people that want to go, and I could only buy the two.
    Plus, I quite fancied getting tickets to Dublin and taking my cousins.

Hey ho. I'll just be pleased with the 2 I've got!
    All I have to do is work out which friend I'm taking, and how the heck I'm getting to/from the O2 (to Watford)!!
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    2 friends had 5 phones on the go to get tickets and failed thought one did get a ticket for £120 which is much cheaper than the pair sold for £3K+
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • mcbazza
    There's a dilemma... would I give up my two London O2 tickets for £2K?

Nottachance!!

£2K each? Perhaps.
  • 2k??? Whos offering that?
    Id maybe consider 10k for the pair at a push :twisted:
  • 1340jas
    1340jas Posts: 217
    I couldn't get through on the phone and was away fron the puter. I couldn't get a ticket but found a link to a site where fans could sell tickets they couldn't use for a minimal premium.
    I guess that doesn't work, they are asking the same as Flee Bay. Touts who needs them? I recon a half pint of petrol and a match should do the trick.
    last time I was approached by a tout, he had about 20 tickets for the concert. As he was asking a ridiculous amount for the tickets I gor very annoyed. A friendly looking cop was just around the corner and I bubbled him up. It made me feel so much better when I saw him getting carted off, knowing he would not be able to sell them.
    I guess not everbody will agree with what I did but what the heck.
  • How dare you stain these pages with such blastphomy! :twisted:

Great band though, wouldnt mind the new album.
    Dave
  • p.fitz
    p.fitz Posts: 66
    got two for LG arena,, Dont forget metallica on sale friday,,,,, LG arena,, 4 per person this time,
    Who put that hill there..!!!!!!!!..
  • cambo
    cambo Posts: 125
    Why have ACDC had a sudden new lease of life? Always considered them to be a bit of a joke, has beens who may have been good in their day.

Much like GnR, although they were my fave band when I was a lad, not sure now that I can be arsed with Axl, though if Slash, Duff and Izzy rejoined I'd be there....
    I will not have a bad word said against AC/DC (or Led Zep).
    If you believe otherwise, then you are clearly wrong.
  • tate743
    tate743 Posts: 189
    anyone heard the rumours of them playing download next year
  • tate743 wrote:
    anyone heard the rumours of them playing download next year

Yea iv sort of heared that from a few people and it its more than likely due to the huge comeback they have had and will try and get as much promotion as they can, as long as the dates at download they would play dont clash with any of their tour, especialy if they continue into late 2009 with Australia dates.
    dave
  • mrushton
    mrushton Posts: 5,182
    mcbazza wrote:
    I just can't believe they limited you to 2 tickets per person/card!!
    I know so many people that want to go, and I could only buy the two.
    Plus, I quite fancied getting tickets to Dublin and taking my cousins.

Hey ho. I'll just be pleased with the 2 I've got!
    All I have to do is work out which friend I'm taking, and how the heck I'm getting to/from the O2 (to Watford)!!

Mysteriously you can have as many as you want if you go to one of the 'secondary ticket' sites incl. Ticketmasters own GetMeIn.com

It's all a con. The bands are charging big money and are signed up to LiveNation/Ticketmaster who charge big booking fees and then have tout tickets they have already sold
    M.Rushton
  • :D The new album is ac/dc as youd expect it to be sh*t hot, well worth investin' in!! Must av bin my lucky day, the wife tried to get tickets on the friday but ad no joy, but after 1 fone call on the saturday she got me 2 for the 02 in London, and believe me if it werent 4 bad luck i wouldnt av any luck! Luvly jubly roll on April! :D:lol::lol::lol::lol: