Cycling Tw*t of the Day

sc999cs
sc999cs Posts: 596
edited October 2008 in Commuting chat
Had to take a train to Birmingham today because of a course for work. On the way back a gentleman (read tw*t) got on at a local stop with his bike. At Telford, where most people get off the train, this gentleman also got off. He immediately got on his bike and tried to ride along the crowded platform, almost falling off two or three times. There are no ticket barriers on this platform so he tried to ride off the platform out of the station, again almost knocking people over and nearly falling off. Finally there is a ramp up a footbridge to cross the railway line and main road. A large "Cyclist Dismounts" notice is displayed at the entry to the bridge. Despite the footbridge being as crowded as the platform he tried to ride up the ramp, managed to swerve past a couple and eventually got in front and cycled off.

I'd like to nominate this gentlemen as "Cycling Tw*t of the Day". Have any of you seen any other poor excuses for a cyclist giving the rest of us a bad name?
Steve C

Comments

• always_tyred
    always_tyred Posts: 4,965
    Was he wearing burberry?
  • sc999cs
    sc999cs Posts: 596
    Was he wearing burberry?

Surprisingly he wasn't one of our chav population. He looked quite normal (for Telford) but he did have a trench coat on.

I'd like to point out that the only reason I live in Telford is when I gave up teaching in Essex I needed a complete change. Telford had a lot of IT jobs so it seemed a good idea at the time (my family live in Worcestershire). Once the children started school I was stuck :?
    Steve C
  • linsen
    linsen Posts: 1,959
    excuses excuses.....
    Emerging from under a big black cloud. All help welcome
  • sc999cs wrote:
    I'd like to point out that the only reason I live in Telford is when I gave up teaching in Essex I needed a complete change. Telford had a lot of IT jobs so it seemed a good idea at the time (my family live in Worcestershire). Once the children started school I was stuck :?

After all the effort I put into getting away from the black hole of blandness that is Telford (well, near Newport to be precise) I am shocked, SHOCKED, to find that other people are actually encouraging its existence by moving there.