Cyclist-HGV incidents

julianemre
julianemre Posts: 4
edited October 2008 in Campaign
Hi guys, I'm a bicycle courier in London, a pretty avid cyclist in general, and am currently working with a TV production company intending to make a programme about incidents involving cyclists and HGVs (I'm starting to get really depressed by how often, and the context in which, I seem to be seeing those two words recently)

Anyway, I'm posting this all around the internet, and contacting cycling organisations around the country in the search for leads. Getting to the point, Panorama are interested in the documentary, however, first it needs to prove itself to be investigating a nationwide concern, not just something that happens in London, where - unfortunately - there are plenty of incidents.

Therefore, if anyone can recall news on the grapevine, or local media reports, concerning a cyclist getting clobbered by an HGV outside of London, then speak up and post away, I'm more than happy to go chasing up any leads you put my way.

Thanks in advance

Julian

Comments

• There was a woman killed in my town about 6 months ago - St Ives in Cambridgeshire. She went up alongside a HGV at some traffic lights and he didn't see her.

I'd like to point out that the driver was cleared and the woman found to be at fault for scooting up the inside of the lorry, so he had no idea she was there.

Don't know if that is of any use to you.
    Has the head wind picked up or the tail wind dropped off???
  • graeme_s-2
    graeme_s-2 Posts: 3,382
    In May 2007 a cyclist in Coventry suffered a crushed pelvis and back injuries after an incident with a Lorry:

http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/news/c ... -19169594/