Downhill wobble

Ivor Sorarse
Ivor Sorarse Posts: 10
edited October 2008 in Road beginners
Hi. I'm new to the forum and to road biking. I have spent the last couple of weeks getting to grips with my new Specialized Roubaix Elite on the roads and lanes of Cheshire. However, the other day I was descending a local hill at about 30mph (which seemed horrendously fast for a novice such as myself). I experienced a full on brown trouser moment when without warning the bike seemed to develop a mind of its own and started to "oscillate" from side to side. It felt as though the wheels were about to come off and the front wheel was "wobbling". The more I applied the brakes the worse the it became :shock: . Fortunately athough I thought I was about to take a big time tumble I managed to bring the steed under control. A thorough check over at the scene indicated everything was OK. All very weird :? . Has anyone experienced this downhill wobble on a carbon frame? I thought perhaps the vibration through the road surface caused an oscillation through the frame. All I know is that I had very sweaty palms and am concerned it will happen again. I haven't yet spoken to Specialized.

Sorarse
Every Hill is a monster climb!

Comments