Bruges down through East France to Lausanne, Switzerland

matwade76
matwade76 Posts: 3
edited October 2008 in Tour & expedition
Okaaaay, the plan is to do this in roughly a week (maybe including the weekends either end), easy touring roadie stylee, sometime in June or July.

Any comments on must-include areas, cosy B&Bs, cute towns to pass through etc. would be much appreciated!

Thanks in advance for any advice,

Matt :lol:

Comments

• Do you plan to cross the Jura rather enter Switzerland at Basel and head south? In which case I can thoroughly recommend the beautifully sited youth hostel at Les Rousses, in France near the Swiss border & a good place to stay for your last day to Lausanne. I was there at the end of June this year and there were only about four other people staying so had a dorm to myself (17 Euro). Working backwards from there, the various roads from Pontarlier offer a scenic ride, especially via Vallorbe.
  • Thanks sir, will take these comments on board and have a mooch. Really appreciate your advice.
  • jc4lab
    jc4lab Posts: 554
    Did simlar many years ago..it took about a week..Do know if any the following will be en route but Ghent is attractive and Gothic but cobbly so expect your bike to be shaken up a bit..Old Brussels centre is worth a look where everyone seems to eat Moules Mariniere...Ardennes where surprising tough and undulating with lots of unsuspecting dutch on old boneshaker bikes collaspsed by the roadside.Dinant was a pleasant place...
    jc