Injury?

Patrick1.0
Patrick1.0 Posts: 290
Hi there, I don't know what the muscle is called but it's located in the top right hand corner of my thie and after my long rides I seem to pick up the same problem every now and then where the muscle just becomes quite tight and a bit sore on my right leg in said place. On my long rides, which I do three-four times a week, I do over 20 miles of climbing and due to the gradients on the road, a lot is out of the saddle. I wondered if it is perhaps this that is causing the problem or could it be a combination of factors? That my right leg, as my stronger leg, is doing a bit too much work although, from what I can see, my pedalling style is always very smooth and in line.

I have noticed that the cleat on my right shoes is a little bit more... loose (only a fraction more when riding)... than the one on my left and doesn't make as healthy a click when I click it in, so a possibility of changing cleats? I'd be grateful if anybody has any advice or suggestions for sorting it out. I usually soak in the bath for half an hour after a ride whenever the problem occurs and do a stint on the turbo the next day if the problem is still there, like it is today. I should make it clear that it's not a crippling injury and it has been and gone before as just a slightly nagging sensation but I want to eradicate it completely before it can develop into anything more serious.

It feels as though it's a lifter muscle that is affected.

Comments

• liversedge
    liversedge Posts: 1,003
    is this on the outside or inside of the thigh? i.e. near your groin or outside hip?
    --
    Obsessed is just a word elephants use to describe the dedicated. http://markliversedge.blogspot.com
  • liversedge wrote:
    is this on the outside or inside of the thigh? i.e. near your groin or outside hip?

slightly right of centre and about level with the groin, maybe just a bit lower.

More towards the outside than the inside.
  • liversedge
    liversedge Posts: 1,003
    Sorry Patrick can't help, I was wondering if it might be bike positioning/setup, but I don't think it is. maybe Dr Death can help?
    --
    Obsessed is just a word elephants use to describe the dedicated. http://markliversedge.blogspot.com
  • liversedge wrote:
    Sorry Patrick can't help, I was wondering if it might be bike positioning/setup, but I don't think it is. maybe Dr Death can help?

No worries. It was OK to ride on yesterday and it's pretty much fine again today. I am just curious as to what the cause might be. I have the number of a physio now so if the problem keeps coming back I'll go and pay a visit. Thanks for the interst.