Red Cross sponsored ride at Dalby?

GT Destroyer
GT Destroyer Posts: 1,719
edited October 2008 in MTB rides
Is anyone doing this this year? Its on Sunday 12th October, you can choose between an 8 mile mixed terrain ride and the 23 mile red monster

http://www.scarborougheveningnews.co.uk ... 4488327.jp

We could get some BikeRadar shirts made up?

I'm definately up for it - Has anyone ridden in before? How many people are likely to turn up to such an event?

Comments

• GT Destroyer
    So no-one is taking part in this? I'd have thought someone from here would be?
  • altern_8
    altern_8 Posts: 1,562
    didnt know about it till my bro told me early on............aint rode it b4,but been to dalby loads of times.......
  • GT Destroyer
    Well its done!

Did it yesterday - The red route is absolutely endless! I suffered from extremely sore hands, my gloves have just given up, and the material is nearly worn out. I've a big blister where my thumb joins my finger.

My mate got cramp really bad in both his legs! I have some pictures I'll post when I get them onto the PC.

36 riders altogether - No-one from here?
  • bells0
    bells0 Posts: 414
    Did the Red route for the 1st time about a month ago and absolutely loved it.

Hard work as my fitness aint as good as the other 2 guys i ride with, but looking forward to going back. Just wish it was a bit closer to Leeds!

Didn't realise this was on, shame, would have been a worthy ride.