Barcelona-Malaga - best and fastest route?

sverre1
sverre1 Posts: 4
edited October 2008 in Tour & expedition
In the beginning of November I have 7 days to ride on my road racing bike from Barcelona to Malaga. I prefer good asphalt, not too heavy traffic or too hilly, I need a bed every night.

I would be grateful for any suggest!

best, Sverre

Comments

• In December I have two weeks for cycling in Gambia. How are the roads, the asphalt? Is it possible to use a road racing bike or should it be a Mountain bike?

And:
    1 Should I use a mosquito net? (Is this possible to buy in Gambia?)
    2 If I want to go to Senegal, is it easy to get visa in Gambia?

best, Sverre
  • gabriel959
    gabriel959 Posts: 4,227
    Jesus! Malaga to Barcelona and NO hills, you must be joking. Have you seen the profile of Spain? It is the second country in Europe with most mountains! The problem is that the country roads will take through the roughest terrain to be honest. You could send a PM to victorponf.

Can't help you with Gambia though.
    x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
    Commuting / Winter rides - Jamis Renegade Expert
    Pootling / Offroad - All-City Macho Man Disc
    Fast rides Cannondale SuperSix Ultegra
  • Hola mate.

Sounds like a cracking (if frenetic) route.

If you stick to the coast you have a great chance of meeting lots of brits, as the costas are just a british colony these days.

Head inland for a bit and it gets very pretty (okay, there will be hills, but as the man above me said, spain has the highest average altitude in Europe).

Have fun mate
  • gabriel959 wrote:
    Jesus! Malaga to Barcelona and NO hills, you must be joking. Have you seen the profile of Spain? It is the second country in Europe with most mountains! The problem is that the country roads will take through the roughest terrain to be honest. You could send a PM to victorponf.

Can't help you with Gambia though.

Thanks for response! Well, I have cycled in Spain before, (ex Murcia-Lissabon), I know it is hilly, and I didn't ask for NO hills... Who is victorponf and how can I come in touch with him?