marin alchemy or cube

phelim1
phelim1 Posts: 53
edited October 2008 in MTB beginners
in the process of buying a new bike having sold my hard tail i want something for xc with 100/120mm. has anyone bought the above bikes, opinions sought.

Comments

• brought a cube reaction k18 about 18 months ago, fantastic bike to ride feels very natural and very fast ,your getting a higher spec for the money than most of the competition at this price.
    just competed in my first race this summer and bike cruised around with no troubles.
    can recemmond this bike very highly
  • Rich9
    Rich9 Posts: 1,635
    personally i'd go for a cube, but then i'm biased cos I've got one.

As said above, you generally get a better spec on a cube for the money, and its something a bit different too.

But its down to which bike suits you best, so ride them both before you decide
    2014 Whyte T-129S
  • gthang
    gthang Posts: 293
    edited October 2008
    Buy a Cube (if it fits), very good value for money, very well finished bikes. But then I (like the guys above) would say that as I have one.

A Marin was on my short list aswell, but the cube fitted me better and had a better spec.

How much you got to spend?
  • rd350lc
    rd350lc Posts: 84
    Yep CUBE reaction for me to :)

Mind you i have spent a fortune on XTR shifters,stems etc etc but I love it :)
  • phelim1
    phelim1 Posts: 53
    i have about 1800 to spend i like the cube ams125 in black.
  • gthang
    gthang Posts: 293
    Very nice looking ride, Cube has an expanding dealer network, so you should be able to try one reasonably close to home.

http://www.cube-bikes.de/xist4c/web/AMS ... 31061_.htm

looks good in white :D
  • SGP
    SGP Posts: 22
    My AMS 100 is great so the 125 should be too!
  • I'd go for a marin everytime. I'm biased, being the owner of 2 marins, and a general marin fanboi. The new marin rocky ridge has got a great review in this months mbuk.