Dirt jump helmet

Thread8
Thread8 Posts: 479
edited October 2008 in MTB buying advice
Ive been looking at the Mace trigger solo helmet on wiggle and was wondering if it was any good?

I need a helmet coz ive never really worn 1 in the past and i want to start tackling bigger stuff, and doing more tricks.

any suggestions for helmets under £30 would be really helpful :lol:
Haro Thread 8
Please help!

"It's like parkour, on a bike"

Comments

• Thread8
    I just thought, i might use it for a bit of trail riding but i don't want a huge full face or roadie helmet, i prefer piss pot helmets coz they're the only 1s that look half decent with my hair.
    Haro Thread 8
    Please help!

• nonnac85
    nonnac85 Posts: 1,608
    I have an Azonic SkidLid for when Im having a go at jumps / northshore etc. When i bought it the price was higher than it is now and I would still say it was a good buy. It fits fine and I like the air vents because they look a bit different!
    My Website - Trail Centre info for the UK: MTB Trail Time
  • I like my TSG pi$$pot.

There's a superlight version of it out now.
    More freerange chicken than Freeride God
    Bighit , 5 , BFe
  • Im really pleased with my Fox Transition pisspott, its quality!
  • I like my TSG pi$$pot.

There's a superlight version of it out now.

Yeah i got a TSG evolution, not the superlight one but it is light enough and i'm not spending an extra £20 for saving a few grams.
  • Thread8
    Thanks to everyone for the advice.

in the end i've decided to go for the mace, because at the end of the day all the helmets recommended are very similar
    Haro Thread 8
    Please help!

• yeah tsg evolution if u can stretch an extra 5er you could also try a 661 dirtlid
    Go big or go home!!

dmr exalt
    fitbike team park bmx
    both my custom jobbys :D:D
    http://www.pinkbike.com/photo/2915789/
  • Lol i have a cheap Anvil piss-pot from argos. It does its job and looks alrite (camo) but im thinkin of replacing it with a 661 piss-pot so it will match my new bike lmoa :P
    Cannondale Jekyll in FR Setting
    Doing up an old Merida for DJ

Want somthing with more umpfff...