The menace of hoodies

attica
attica Posts: 2,362
edited October 2008 in Commuting chat
This last week I've noticed two or three cyclists riding with their hoods up.
We've all had a healthy argument about earphones, but surely no-one on here can think that reducing your peripheral vision in this way is a good idea...

...can they?
"Impressive break"

"Thanks...

...I can taste blood"

Comments

• Attica wrote:
    This last week I've noticed two or three cyclists riding with their hoods up.
    We've all had a healthy argument about earphones, but surely no-one on here can think that reducing your peripheral vision in this way is a good idea...

...can they?

Madness. Why would you want to wear a hoodie on a bike anyway

:idea: Cold head? It soon warms up when I hit a hill.

:idea: Keeping your hair dry? Nature blessed me with a natural solution, it took the hair away (it's my theory of evolution: Ape, hairy and stupid - evolution resulted in less hair and better brains. I'm therefore the next step and those who mock me with their full heads of hair are actually throw-backs who would have mocked the first ape that spoke - er, I digress...)

:idea: To look cool? You're on a bike, how much cooler can you be...
    Pain is only weakness leaving the body
  • sc999cs
    sc999cs Posts: 596
    If you have to warm your ears wear a buff.
    Steve C
  • Nick6891
    Nick6891 Posts: 274
    haha i would never where a hoody on a bike, its impossible to glance behind you
  • karl j
    karl j Posts: 517
    sc999cs wrote:

or a gas fire !

No, seriously, don't do that !!!!

personally i wouldn't want to wear a hoodie at any time, let alone on a bike. Anyone remember/ still wearing ? one of those those old parkas that had the zip come right up covering your face ?i cant recall the last time i saw one but not in a long time. i wonder how many spills they (or the associated stupidness that went with wearing one)accounted for. edit - actually i guess thats pretty much what a hoodie is isn't it
    Morning route (when i don't get the train)

Evening route ,
  • always_tyred
    always_tyred Posts: 4,965
    karl j wrote:
    sc999cs wrote:

or a gas fire !

No, seriously, don't do that !!!!

personally i wouldn't want to wear a hoodie at any time, let alone on a bike. Anyone remember/ still wearing ? one of those those old parkas that had the zip come right up covering your face ?i cant recall the last time i saw one but not in a long time. i wonder how many spills they (or the associated stupidness that went with wearing one)accounted for. edit - actually i guess thats pretty much what a hoodie is isn't it

1111284509kenny.jpg
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,599
    Top Trumps time.
    Black hoody, head down, black clothing, at night, on a bike with no lights or reflectors.
    In the rain, on the wrong side of the road. Damn near drove straight into him.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.