Group of chavs stealing bikes in Hampshire!

ben0.1
ben0.1 Posts: 78
edited October 2008 in The Crudcatcher
Hey guys,
Rumor has it that there is a group of chavs going round stealing bikes mainly from the Portsmouth area. 30 have already been stolen from Portsmouth uni and some others from other places including my 08 Substance26. Grrrr! Police will shortly have the cctv footage of it being taken, which is apparently is really clear, can zoom in in great quality into his ugly mug.
Anyone heard anything else about these ****s?
Ben

Comments

• Cunobelin
    Cunobelin Posts: 11,792
    Not unusual at this time of year I am afraid.

Lots of students wanting cheap bikes and lots of students who have just bought bikes that are then stolen to fed the former demand.

Always happens in any University town with the student intakes.

However they are doing something about it
    Shame is it takes a while to get the equipment out to the new students.
    Link
    <b><i>He that buys land buys many stones.
    He that buys flesh buys many bones.
    He that buys eggs buys many shells,
    But he that buys good beer buys nothing else.</b></i>
    (Unattributed Trad.)
  • stubs
    stubs Posts: 5,001
    In my area there was an out break of motor bike thefts all with the same MO they were stolen from locked garages while the residents were out and they were all high end Italian and german bikes

Police were about as much use as a chocolate padlock so a few of us got together and spent a few days keeping an eye on prime target sites

The little scally sods got cocky and were caugh in the act of bolt cropping a chain on a Ducati they were both taken to the local pinewoods given a good tickling and then zip tied to a tree and left for a night and then released in the morning and told if we saw them again then we would zip tie them again and not come back

ALL THE ABOVE PARAGRAPH DID NOT HAPPEN BECAUSE THAT WOULD BE ILLEGAL :wink:

ps if you are going to do it make sure you get the long zip ties it makes it easier to get them on in a struggle :)
    Fig rolls: proof that god loves cyclists and that she wants us to do another lap
  • Surf-Matt
    Surf-Matt Posts: 5,952
    Stubs - absolutely brilliant! Wish this happened more often.