Ballan, will the curse of the jersey strike again?

OffTheBackAdam
OffTheBackAdam Posts: 1,869
edited October 2008 in Pro race
Although Bettini doesn't seem to have done too badly out of his stints in the stripey jersey, it has been associated with bad luck over the years.
So, will Ballan be seen arms aloft or climbing into the broom wagon?
He's not had much success this year, just (Ha, "just"!) 3rd in Paris-Roubaix compared to his Flanders, De Panne & Vattenfall wins last year.
So, Hero or Zero?
Remember that you are an Englishman and thus have won first prize in the lottery of life.

Comments

• I don't know but he looked extremely impressive when he launched that attack. I can see him having more success in the classics.
  • Jez mon
    Jez mon Posts: 3,809
    I have to admit, the result surprised me a bit this year, as Adam says, he hasn't exactly set the world on fire this season. I'm guessing he won't have too good a season next year, so long as Boonen doesn't fondle too many young women, and snort too much snow and so long as all the drugs talk surrounding Spartacus comes to nothing. Plus there are a number of promising classics riders coming through, Martijn Maaskant for example. Nevertheless, if Ballan gets his tactics right, and his training right, then who's to say he won't take another flyer in Flanders, etc.

The trouble is, the rainbow stripes can be distracting, with all the extra promo work and I think this can mean less time spent on the bike and ultimately, less wins.
    You live and learn. At any rate, you live
  • teagar
    teagar Posts: 2,100
    He's a very classy rider. He'll be fine.
    Note: the above post is an opinion and not fact. It might be a lie.