A load of old pants?

YourGymBuddy.co.uk
edited September 2008 in Workshop
Brand new roadie here. In my mountain biking guise i have never worn padded shorts. Now in lycra, just wondering what undies people are wearing under their lycra shorts??

Odd question I know but on reading the article on reducing saddle soreness, it seems maybe commando is the way to go???

Have so far been wearing clingy boxers which have been pretty comfy as it goes...

Comments

• whyamihere
    whyamihere Posts: 7,695
    Nothing under lycra, ever.
  • k-dog
    k-dog Posts: 1,652
    Yeah, you don't want to wear anything - you have a much higher chance of chafing if you are wearing anything - even if it's tight fitting.

The shorts (and the pad specifically) are designed to stay in the same place on your backside and not slide around like your underwear will.
    I'm left handed, if that matters.
  • giant_man
    giant_man Posts: 6,878
    Ooh chafing ooh no you don't wana chafe mate .....
  • I have a new bike and a fizik wing flex saddle on it. not so much chafing but bruised feeling behind the old two veg!

must get some new shorts, mine have a few loose seams and if i am going to go commando...
  • giant_man
    giant_man Posts: 6,878
    might not be the saddle for you of course. They vary so much .... only time will tell for that. imo buy the best bibs you can afford, the more you pay, the better the quality of insert to protect your bits .....