Joining CTC after accident

stevec205gti
stevec205gti Posts: 366
edited October 2008 in Campaign
Morning all - and a very stiff and painful one it's turning out to be (and not in a good way!!!)

I was knocked off my bike on the way to work this morning by some woman trying to overtake me on a roundabout. I'm sure I saw an advert for the CTC in a magazine saying that you could join after an incident and still get the legal cover to apply - but can't see anything on the website. Anyone know any more specific details?
Has the head wind picked up or the tail wind dropped off???

Comments

• spen666
    spen666 Posts: 17,709
    There is no need to join the CTC for this. Just contact Russel Jones & Walker ( the solicitors the CTC refer you to) or any other firm of solicitors who deal with PI work.

They will all take on your case on a no win no fee basis. There is absolutely no benefit in joining the CTC for this.

The benefit in joining the CTC is ( amongst other things) that you get 3rd party insurance - ie it covers you for your liability to others, not the otherway round
    Want to know the Spen666 behind the posts?
    Then read MY BLOG @ http://www.pebennett.com

Twittering @spen_666
  • A friend of mine joined CTC after her prang. She got the cover, but I think she had to sign up to 5 years membership of CTC.
    FCN 7 (4 weekdays)
    FCN 11 (1 weekday)

There is an old cyclist called Leigh (not me!)
    Who's pedalling's a blur to see
    So fast is his action
    The Lorenz Contraction
    Shortens his bike to a "T"
  • spen666
    OrbitRider wrote:
    A friend of mine joined CTC after her prang. She got the cover, but I think she had to sign up to 5 years membership of CTC.
    There is no cover provided for this. You get 3rd party insurance as above.

All you get in this instance is passed onto a no win no fee firm of solicitors. you can approach them yourself- no need to join CTC or go via them for this.

3rd party insurance is what covers you if you cause damage to a 3rd party. It does not assist you to pursue someone who injures you

Twittering @spen_666
  • You're right Spen: I didn't make myself clear. What she got was free access to CTC's solicitors, not the insurance cover. As you say, you could equally go direct to the firm on a no win no fee basis.
    FCN 7 (4 weekdays)
    FCN 11 (1 weekday)

There is an old cyclist called Leigh (not me!)
    Who's pedalling's a blur to see
    So fast is his action
    The Lorenz Contraction
    Shortens his bike to a "T"
  • spen666
    OrbitRider wrote:
    You're right Spen: I didn't make myself clear. What she got was free access to CTC's solicitors, not the insurance cover. As you say, you could equally go direct to the firm on a no win no fee basis.

The free access is available to anyone- the CTC only refer you to RJW who handle the case on a no win no fee basis. I recomend them

i also recommend CTC membership- but not for this reason

Twittering @spen_666
  • downfader
    downfader Posts: 3,686
    Who the hell is stupid enough to overtake on a roundabout. :? Hope you recover and get some kind of compensation out of this!