Great blast today

moeleilio
moeleilio Posts: 33
edited October 2008 in MTB beginners
Well, new tyres fiitted, had to get out today.

Took a cycle track in North wales from Gaerwen to Malltraeth/Newborough woods, and back, not sure the distance but two hours riding approx 14 - 16 MPH.

Some great scenery, Mettalica, and a good sweat, what more can you ask for?

Comments

• .blitz
    .blitz Posts: 6,197
    I went out on Sat pm. Rode 9 miles to Follow The Dog, rode it, then rode back the long way. Most excellent.
  • cee
    cee Posts: 4,553
    I had a great blast yesterday for a number of reasons......

1. I was supposed to go to b&q for some outdoor undercoat for the new fence in the front garden.
    2. Got a phone call from one of the boyos at about 9.30 when the missus was still asleep asking if I was coming to glentress.
    3. Made bacon rolls and tea for me and the wifey (already in riding gear by this point)...woke her up with the breakfast and told her i was going cycling. Top result as she was still half asleep with a big smiley bacon roll face and just said hope you have a good time!
    4. Rode the SXC route at glentress which took in some of the off-the-beaten-track trails and I thought one in particular that I had never found before was the best trail at glentress!
    5. Really felt like I was stomping it down......showing good improvment after my holiday in Fort Bill!
    6. Got home to a nice dinner all cooked, then a couple of glasses of single malt before bed.

Superb!
    Whenever I see an adult on a bicycle, I believe in the future of the human race.

H.G. Wells.
  • sent for a ride round grassington on sat on the trails by 8 am air was cold and crisp. tyers flicking up the dew from the grass few up the climbs and screamed down the decents.
    I had one off and got throug a pack of fig rolls 25miles under my belt and back b4 12pm cracking day.

days like that make it good to be alive. :D:D
    Nothing in life can not be improved with either monkeys, pirates or ninjas
  • benjd
    benjd Posts: 23
    .blitz wrote:
    I went out on Sat pm. Rode 9 miles to Follow The Dog, rode it, then rode back the long way. Most excellent.
    billandted460.jpg
  • cee wrote:
    I had a great blast yesterday for a number of reasons......

1. I was supposed to go to b&q for some outdoor undercoat for the new fence in the front garden.
    2. Got a phone call from one of the boyos at about 9.30 when the missus was still asleep asking if I was coming to glentress.
    3. Made bacon rolls and tea for me and the wifey (already in riding gear by this point)...woke her up with the breakfast and told her i was going cycling. Top result as she was still half asleep with a big smiley bacon roll face and just said hope you have a good time!
    4. Rode the SXC route at glentress which took in some of the off-the-beaten-track trails and I thought one in particular that I had never found before was the best trail at glentress!
    5. Really felt like I was stomping it down......showing good improvment after my holiday in Fort Bill!
    6. Got home to a nice dinner all cooked, then a couple of glasses of single malt before bed.

Superb!

This sounds like the quote "Ask forgivness, not permission" from one of the forum invigilators here I think, great quote

Sounds like a good day.