Perfect Cycling Weather!

2»

Comments

• I have to say that this morning was almost spot on for me. cool, light amount of rain, little wind and what there was, was a tail-wind.

Excellent ride in today :)
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • Feltup
    Feltup Posts: 1,340
    I'll take the wind and no rain for commuting. It's not that I like wind, I don't, but at least the wind doesn't make it even harder for cars to see me. Besides at the moment I only have my newish road bike to commute on and I don't want to kill all the bearings on it. I got caught out the other day and it lashed it down and I had a great ride but it wasn't on busy commuting roads.

I rode down a hill in Nottingham once on my old roadie when it was proper snowy. I tried to brake but the wheels just locked and slid. I got a foot down and performed 3 full spins before one of my wheels connected with the kerb and I went down like a sack of spuds. Needless to say I got straight back on as you don't get that sort of entertainment very often!
    Short hairy legged roadie FCN 4 or 5 in my baggies.

Felt F55 - 2007
    Specialized Singlecross - 2008
    Marin Rift Zone - 1998
    Peugeot Tourmalet - 1983 - taken more hits than Mohammed Ali
  • If sunny summer days were no option, a nice cool mist/fog would be fine. I loved my foggy ride into work this week. Early summer/autumn mornings with no traffic....Arm warmers on and away I go.
    I live just outside Bath and ride a singlespeed, so wind (Why is it never a tailwind?) is just the end of everything for me. I live on top of a hill so the end of any ride is a steep hill, and with a headwind (which it always seems to be).... :cry: .
    jedster wrote:
    Just off to contemplate my own mortality and inevitable descent into decrepedness.
    FCN 3 or 4 on road depending on clothing
    FCN 8 off road because I'm too old to go racing around.
  • well today wasnt the perfect conditions, strong headwind all the way back, my way there was quick though