Bloody weather

BOYDIE
BOYDIE Posts: 528
edited September 2008 in The Crudcatcher
Is any body else pissed with the recent crappy weather,I mean I spend longer cleaning and maintaining my bike and gear than I do riding it,Im jogging more than riding just to avoid the endless cleaning cycle.........I pray for a cold DRY crisp Autum/Winter.

Gripe below........

Comments

• Just man up a little, its only water.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Just man up a little, its only water.

X2
  • stumpyjon
    stumpyjon Posts: 4,069
    It was fantatstic over the weekend, there was even dust (had to pull rear wheel skids when stopping just to see it puff up 8) ).
    It's easier to ask for forgiveness than for permission.

I've bought a new bike....ouch - result
    Can I buy a new bike?...No - no result
  • .blitz
    .blitz Posts: 6,197
    BOYDIE wrote:
    Is any body else pissed with the recent crappy weather
    Not really, it doesn't bother me.

I bought my first MTB so that I could reach some remote mountains in Scotland when I was into climbing/mountaineering. Ride in, hide the bike behind a rock or in the undergrowth, spend all day on the hill and then ride out. The weather was nearly always sh*te but it was great to ride on the bike instead of walking.
  • Surf-Matt
    Surf-Matt Posts: 5,952
    Just had the best fortnight of the year down here (Cornwall) but got a new little boy (21 Sept) so been a bit busy!

But did get out for a 12 miler at the weekend and running daily - it's SO nice having dry tracks to use.

Of course it's raining again today... :cry:
  • stumpyjon
    stumpyjon Posts: 4,069
    Matt, Congrats and welcome to the club (tis your first isn't it?), what weight (the ladies will definitely want to know :lol: ). It's all downhill from here on in (why do people always have to tell you how bad it'll be?).

My youngest is now just over 4 months old and still showing no sign of sleeping through :evil: Have to say getting out on the bike even when tired seems to wake me up no end. Ridden more miles this year than in the last 5 put together :shock:
    It's easier to ask for forgiveness than for permission.

I've bought a new bike....ouch - result
    Can I buy a new bike?...No - no result
  • missmarple
    missmarple Posts: 1,980
    I love the rain, off-roading is alot more - should we say 'eventful' thanks to the weather!

I must admit if it is really bad I'll nip down to the gym instead for an hour ot so... :roll:
  • BOYDIE
    BOYDIE Posts: 528
    Dont get me wrong a bit of bad weather is OK but not when all your local trails take a JCB to get through,Ive been doing lots of running as well.and congrats on the Bairn.mines just started school.....every day to my self. :lol: