Handlebar mount for Nokia N95.

ademort
ademort Posts: 1,924
edited September 2008 in Workshop
Hi does anyone know where i can buy a mount for my mobile. I did come accross one on dealextreme,but as yet there are no reviews. Any help much appreciated. thanks Ademort
ademort
Chinarello, record and Mavic Cosmic Sl
Gazelle Vuelta , veloce
Giant Defy 4
Mirage Columbus SL
Batavus Ventura

Comments

• Do you really want to subject such an expensive and complex devide to road shock? Its not designed for this type of application - if it were Nokia themselves would make a cradle for it. As it is you may find a 3rd party generic cradle that fits but ultimately your phone might not live that long.
    \'You Come At the King,You Best Not Miss\'
  • balthazar
    balthazar Posts: 1,565
    I use the top bracket of this:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Nokia-Dedicated ... 160&sr=8-1

- not the windscreen mount, just the cradle that fits the phone. This is zip-tied onto my stem, with some rolled up inner tube as padding. Small bands of inner tube secure the phone onto the bracket. It sounds clunky, but looks surprisingly neat, especially as it was thrown together as an experiment; better than purpose built handlebar clamp arrangements, I think.

The phone seems well up to the rough treatment. It bounced off the bike on a bumpy descent, at 25 mph (before I had the rubber bands), exploded over the road, but went back together fine and has only a couple of scratches.

I'll post a picture of this setup later, when I get home.
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    I think Nokia were giving out cradles for this - at the Windsor Tri cos they are plugging the bike tracks facility on it ?

Personally I just put mine in a plastic bag in my back pocket and use it for reference post ride.