I know the TDF list!

sing_for_absolution
sing_for_absolution Posts: 1,908
edited October 2008 in Pro race
But I'll respect the rules of the forum and not post them. I'll just say they're from 4 teams :o

Comments

• Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    What list? The TDF list of vegetarians?
  • Nooo. The list of riders whose samples were to be tested for CERA :P
  • deal
    deal Posts: 857
    soo whats the point in this thread ?
  • good point. I've just realised that the news won't break until a lot later, so i'm perplexed as to why I bothered to start this thread :cry:

anyway, it's an inside source from L'Equipe. Prepare for fireworks.
  • Well assuming your source is correct and this article is correct then it would pretty much be 4 entire teams. The article says that 30 riders' samples are being retested.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/other_s ... 638711.stm
  • what rules of the forum?
  • fto-si
    fto-si Posts: 402
    Pointless post really unless your going to list the riders so we can see how accurate your so called ' source ' is when it's all made public.
    exercise.png
  • Philip S
    Philip S Posts: 398
    edited September 2008
    I presume they'll have to test positive first before there's any fireworks?
  • Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    I've got next week's lottery numbers. I can't reveal them though.
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    Pfft, just post the names. The old C+ forum had a big sticky thread about libelling people, this place has none such thing. Riders are libelled here every week, it's all good fun. Just put a big fat allegedly at the start of the sentence and go for it.
  • richa
    richa Posts: 1,631
    Is this (going to be) a list of who's being tested or who's positive?
    Rich
  • deal
    why are we not allowed to mention the alleged riders names anyway?

just take a look at the team CSC forums, plenty of names given there!
  • claudb
    claudb Posts: 212
    Just post the Team Names for a start then.
  • deal
    sod it here you go, the source is the newspaper Gazet van Antwerpen, hopefully its bullshit because this is the stuff of nightmares

Ag2R: Valjavec en nog één renner uit de Tourselectie (Efimkin, Dessel, Arrieta, Dupont, Elmiger, Gadret, Goubert, Riblon).

Saunier Duval: Ricco, Piepoli, Cobo.

Team Columbia: twee renners uit de Tourselectie (Kirchen, Hincapie, Burghardt, Cavendish, Ciolek, Eisel, Hansen, Lovkvist, Siutsou).

CSC: vijf renners uit de Tourselectie (Cancellara, Fränk Schleck, O’Grady, Voigt, Gustov, Sastre, Arvesen, Andy Schleck, Sörensen).

Gerolsteiner: twee renners uit de Tourselectie (Schumacher, Kohl, Förster, Fothen, Haussler, Krauss, Lang, Scholz, Wegmann).

edit for link - http://www.gva.be/nieuws/sport/wielrenn ... t.asp?art={168362E9-674A-4FD8-82C3-579CA76ED994}
  • claudb
    claudb Posts: 212
    Shocking indeed, but would I be correct in noticing that the list contains NO Belgians ??
    Very strange !!! Is someone from Belgium with a grudge (one obvious candidate) stirring things up ??
  • Arkibal
    Arkibal Posts: 850
    AG2R, Columbia, CSC and SD are the teams suspected, but absolutely no proof so far, just rumors......
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,137
    deal wrote:
    sod it here you go, the source is the newspaper Gazet van Antwerpen, hopefully its bullshit because this is the stuff of nightmares

Ag2R: Valjavec en nog één renner uit de Tourselectie (Efimkin, Dessel, Arrieta, Dupont, Elmiger, Gadret, Goubert, Riblon).

Saunier Duval: Ricco, Piepoli, Cobo.

Team Columbia: twee renners uit de Tourselectie (Kirchen, Hincapie, Burghardt, Cavendish, Ciolek, Eisel, Hansen, Lovkvist, Siutsou).

CSC: vijf renners uit de Tourselectie (Cancellara, Fränk Schleck, O’Grady, Voigt, Gustov, Sastre, Arvesen, Andy Schleck, Sörensen).

Gerolsteiner: twee renners uit de Tourselectie (Schumacher, Kohl, Förster, Fothen, Haussler, Krauss, Lang, Scholz, Wegmann).

edit for link - http://www.gva.be/nieuws/sport/wielrenn ... t.asp?art={168362E9-674A-4FD8-82C3-579CA76ED994}

They're not re-testing all those mentioned. It says 1 from AG2R (+Valjavec), 2 from Columbia, 5 from CSC, 2 from Gerolsteiner and the three named from SD.

Most of four of the teams are named in their entirety just to remind the reader who was in the team.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    The CSC and the Columbia ones are the big ones, obviously. That could be very, very bad.
  • Doobz
    Doobz Posts: 2,800
    lol - this is more exiting then the tour itself :)
    cartoon.jpg
  • deal
    RichN95 wrote:

They're not re-testing all those mentioned. It says 1 from AG2R (+Valjavec), 2 from Columbia, 5 from CSC, 2 from Gerolsteiner and the three named from SD.

Most of four of the teams are named in their entirety just to remind the reader who was in the team.

thats correct but if CSC + Columbia have positives is worst case scenario - it would mean Damsgaard is running nothing more than an expensive PR company. He might have to answer some tricky questions - if ASO can pick out the dodgy riders why cant he ?
  • The only thing is, going from that list that only adds up to 14 riders in total. Who are the other 16? Sing_for_absolution is your information the same as this?

It's got to be said it'd be pretty distastrous if either Columbia or CSC returned any postives, whereas Saunier Duval is hardly a surprise. I will be very interested to see how this all develops, in particular who the guys from Columbia are. I assume the results shouldn't take more than about two weeks to come back?
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,137
    edited September 2008
    deal wrote:
    RichN95 wrote:

thats correct but if CSC + Columbia have positives is worst case scenario - it would mean Damsgaard is running nothing more than an expensive PR company and the blood passport is also meaningless

Very true - but I don't think that there's much in this list or the retesting - they're just retesting the samples they have with a better test.

If you look at those teams and see who was definitely tested (jersey wearers and stage winners) then the numbers add up to almost what it said in the report:

AG2R (1): Dessel
    Columbia (3): Kirchen, Cav, Burghart
    Gerolsteiner (2): Schumacher, Kohl
    CSC (5): Schleck x2, Arvesen, Sastre, Canc*

Why they've singled out these four teams, who knows - maybe they haven't?

*I know he didn't win a stage or jersey, but we know he was tested a lot.

Edit - that doesn't quite work - I forgot Lang, Lovkist and de la Fuente had jerseys.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • What is the criteria for being on the list for the blood test?
    Is it based on the initial (urine) result?
  • deal
    on the CSC forums the names mentioned are Cancellera, O'Grady, Sastre and the Schlecks :cry:
  • knedlicky
    knedlicky Posts: 3,097
    deal wrote:
    on the CSC forums the names mentioned are Cancellera, O'Grady, Sastre and the Schlecks :cry:
    Wasn’t it in the paper this morning – Monday - (from an informed source!) that the likely culprits were F. Schleck, Cancellara, O’Grady and Sastre? Kirchen as outsider.
    Or do I just read the ‘cheap’ newspapers?

I wouldn’t trust Riis farther than I can throw him. As for Daamsgard, I find his testing is too simple, much is out of season, and it strikes me he’s anyway part–CSC employee.

I don’t find people who take dope and then get caught, like Moreno, half as bad as those profess they’re clean but aren’t.
  • Which view do you take? Do you think this is an excellent result in terms of catching more cheats and making it clear that pro cycling is to be, in large, clean cycling from now on, or do you think it will just worsen the reputation of the sport beyond repair? I mean, if all those guys are caught, I tend to think of it as a real positive - another affirmation of the message that cycling at the top level should be clean.
  • donrhummy
    donrhummy Posts: 2,329
    Why not Silence Lotto with Evans?
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    donrhummy wrote:
    Why not Silence Lotto with Evans?

I think they took samples from people who put in decent performances ;)

Says the fat boy in the office chair...
  • Sounds a bit far fetched to me to many big names on that list. Plus how mand SD guys are there just the top three, you would think that the whole team would be considering the doubts about the team before anyone was even caught out. Me thinks its all bs
    Take care of the luxuries and the necessites will take care of themselves.
  • no.....surely not. CSC under suspicion? the team run by Mr 60% himself? Well I never... :wink:

Do you think this is an excellent result in terms of catching more cheats and making it clear that pro cycling is to be, in large, clean cycling from now on, or do you think it will just worsen the reputation of the sport beyond repair

both, depending on whether you're a cyclist or not :(
    To me - it's great news..perhaps the testing is finally starting to catch up. It'll still go on but maybe the gap is closing.
    To Joe Public - we're all (even those of us who just use a bike to ride to the shop for the sunday paper) filthy dopers..