orange g3

nam
nam Posts: 25
edited October 2008 in MTB beginners
im thinking of getting this bike,has anyone got one or know any more about them?

Comments

• supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    I think a couple of people on here have. What do you want to know? What riding will you be doing?
  • nam
    just general off road stuff,dartmoor,common,xc really.been looking around for a while and fancy something a bit different,a niche bike like the orange.was gonna go for the p7 but the rear mech hanger issue put me off.strangely though the new 09 model has an extra bolt fitted!!an admissiion of guilt perhaps?
    anyway just wanted to know how they rate them.finding reviews on them is quite hard.
  • nam
    i know they are a british company based in halifax and have been going for 20 years,have won a host of titles and make some good looking machines.
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Yes, are making some good bikes, and better value than ever. They are not made in England though - manufactured like most in the far east.

P7 may be overkill - designed for a longer fork and stouter build.
  • nam
    yeah i meant they are based here and constructed/designed here,but like all major bike comanies the frames are imported from the far east!
    so many bikes to look at but i think it will be orange,although like the "cube" ltd pro,but its german and that just wont do! :lol:
  • owen908
    owen908 Posts: 170
    nam wrote:
    just general off road stuff,dartmoor,common,xc really.been looking around for a while and fancy something a bit different,a niche bike like the orange.was gonna go for the p7 but the rear mech hanger issue put me off.strangely though the new 09 model has an extra bolt fitted!!an admissiion of guilt perhaps?
    anyway just wanted to know how they rate them.finding reviews on them is quite hard.

The issues with the rear dropouts on the P7 were rectified on the 08 models.If you take a look at the news section on the Orange website it says that the wrong sized screws were used but since then then they have put larger screws in.

After months of abuse with my P7 i never had any such issues with the dropouts!
  • nam
    did you say u sold the p7 and are getting a g3 or are u getting the 09 p7?
    i rang orange ref the drop outs and they have added an extra bolt ot the left hanger on the 09 models.
    i will probably go for the g3 with a fork upgrade as i cant afford the 09 p7 and 08's are hard to find
  • Rich Hcp
    Rich Hcp Posts: 1,355
    I've a G3, I love it!

The P7 was too hard core, I do similar riding to you and it's perfect for me.

I don't think there are any 08 G3's left, but the new one, or similar can't be far away.

Look on the website, or ring the factory, they're friendly and helpful.

Just to clarify the full suspension bikes are made in Halifax, the Aluminium frames are made in the Far East.

But they are painted and built up here

Not sure about the P7 frame's country of origin

There's a video on the website.

Go Orange! You know you want to!
    Richard

Giving it Large