London Critical Mass tonight

2»

Comments

• I've done it once and it was a nightmare of corroded frames, deflated tyres and squealing brakes.

I thought you looked after your Prince better than that Jash.
    The user previously known as Sea_Green_Incorruptible.

Soloist Team: http://tinyurl.com/3tjjcn
    Cycle Path Cruiser: http://tinyurl.com/4yvfrr
    Knobbly Action: http://tinyurl.com/44cofe
  • I've done it once and it was a nightmare of corroded frames, deflated tyres and squealing brakes.

I thought you looked after your Prince better than that Jash.

:D very droll. This was pre-Prince though.

@Cleverpun - they both consist of a lot of non cyclists (with a few genuine ones thrown in) riding really really slowly from what I can tell. Nothing against either of course, but really not my cup of tea. Lifestyle cyclists. :?
  • Parsnip49
    Parsnip49 Posts: 205
    edited September 2008
    Granted, many drivers wont have heard of CM, but do you think anyone who has their day disrupted by a CM ride will care what banner the group is flying??? They see cyclists disrupting traffic, and has been mentioned loads - even by CM riders - riding extremely dangerously, not to mention the intimidation to car drivers aspect.

Why dont i consider CM cyclists???

I dont consider football hooligans as football fans - the same applies here, CM are little more than a bunch of anarchists out to cause disruption and conflict, it just happens that they are doing it on bikes - hence me trying to distance them from cycling, which is a sport i love, and has nothing to do with picking fights with car drivers.

If anyone can provide hard evidence on the benefits of CM rides, please do, but the fact is that CM rides seem to end all to frequently in violence/arrests/confrontation - which there is plenty of evidence of.

You can ride through the cities battling with cars for your rights all you like, ill be out riding elsewhere thankyouverymuch.

[Edit] Just clicked on the link for that prince, that really shouldn't be allowed before the watershed, gorgeous bike[/Edit]
  • dondare
    dondare Posts: 2,113
    I've done it once and it was a nightmare of corroded frames, deflated tyres and squealing brakes.

Not to mention the grinding and crunching of gears from 24-speed mountain bikes that were being used on real hills for the first time ever by riders who'd never been outside London before.
    This post contains traces of nuts.
  • wow, I didn't know cyclist could be such c**ts, Im not talking about CM
  • dondare
    dondare Posts: 2,113
    Kushtrim wrote:
    wow, I didn't know cyclist could be such c**ts, Im not talking about CM

Of course. Cyclists are just people, and people are c*nts.
    This post contains traces of nuts.
  • Parsnip49 wrote:
    Granted, many drivers wont have heard of CM, but do you think anyone who has their day disrupted by a CM ride will care what banner the group is flying??? They see cyclists disrupting traffic, and has been mentioned loads - even by CM riders - riding extremely dangerously, not to mention the intimidation to car drivers aspect.

Why dont i consider CM cyclists???

I dont consider football hooligans as football fans - the same applies here, CM are little more than a bunch of anarchists out to cause disruption and conflict, it just happens that they are doing it on bikes - hence me trying to distance them from cycling, which is a sport i love, and has nothing to do with picking fights with car drivers.

If anyone can provide hard evidence on the benefits of CM rides, please do, but the fact is that CM rides seem to end all to frequently- which there is plenty of evidence of.

You can ride through the cities battling with cars for your rights all you like, ill be out riding elsewhere thankyouverymuch.

[Edit] Just clicked on the link for that prince, that really shouldn't be allowed before the watershed, gorgeous bike[/Edit]

Which London Critical Mass you took part in ended "in violence/arrests/confrontation " ?

sw