Dirty Rotten Fog

NWLondoner
NWLondoner Posts: 2,047
edited September 2008 in The bottom bracket
Well that just sums up my week :x

To be honest i was not wanting to go riding today but i had my arm twisted with the "The Weather Will be lovely"!!!

So what's this bl@@dy fog then???

I gave it a go but i couldn't see no more than 100yrds in front of me. Almost went into the back of several parked cars and couldn't see a damn thing when cars applied their brake lights. It slightly improved if i did take off my road sunglasses but am not going to risk getting struck in the eye by flying stones etc.

So only managed a very poor 5 miles when i should have been attempting 53 miles upto Luton Airport and back. I hate to think how bad cycling down Watling Street would have been.

Comments

• I'm rather glad Coach has scheduled '45 minutes turbo' for this morning. But I need to cycle down the A30 at 10:15 to pick a club kit order up. Hope it clears by then.. :?
  • Pah!! southern softies
    the fog didn't stop our training ride this morning. Never heard such big softie moaning.
    Ohhh I can't see boo hoo!!
    The gear changing, helmet wearing fule.
    FCN :- -1
    Given up waiting for Fast as Fupp to start stalking me
  • I was out saturday morning, along with quite a few others in Richmond Park. Halfway through the first lap I though it was actually getting foggier, could hardly see anything, so I slowed down a bit only to realise that my glasses had misted up! Took them off and visibilty improved somewhat. I like riding in fog actually - felt a bit crap due to my lack of lights but I wasn't the only one and the park looks great on a mist morning.
  • robbarker
    robbarker Posts: 1,367
    No fog here - it's been gorgeous!
  • McBain_v1
    McBain_v1 Posts: 5,237
    No fog - just lovely sunshine. Did a short 55 miler on Sunday (had to get back to mow garden etc). This week looks a bit rubbish though :cry:

What do I ride? Now that's an Enigma!