Hi all, returning back to MTB and my cheap build

ben306
ben306 Posts: 64
edited September 2008 in MTB beginners
Well just thought Id say hi on here. Use to be well into the bikes growing up but then started driving, descovered beer and women and it slowly tailed off, and ended up messing with BMX's for a year until I gave up on it all together.

Anyhow, after 7-8 years decided to get back into it as its time to get rid of the 8 years of beer thats built up in my belly.

Didnt want to spend a fortune so built myself up an half decent bike (tho probably not much to most of you)

Have been running the forks I picked up with the frame for the past 6 weeks but finally upgraded to something a little better this weekend and managed to go and have a bash at Llandegla Forest in north wales.

Made me realise why I enjoyed it so much all them years ago, tho Im so unfit, and defo not a climber, hoping that will get easier with time.

Anyhow, total build cost me about £200 which I thinks resonable enough.

S5006942.jpg

S5006943.jpg

S5006944.jpg

S5006948.jpg

S5006937.jpg

Some of the local scenery around me

DSC00290.jpg

Comments

• xtreem
    xtreem Posts: 2,965
    For £200, that's a very cheap build but very good bike overall.
    I like your red pedals alot. :D
  • Looks a good for £200 8)
    Paul
  • Cheers.

Running the marzzochi all mountain 3 forks, FSA crank, Agressor one frame, Mavic X321 front wheel, Halo Combat rear wheel, Shimano XT gearset, Clubroost bars, and Shimano Deoro Hydrolic Disc brakes.

All in pretty chuffed with its performance.
  • Torres
    Torres Posts: 1,266
    ben306 wrote:
    Cheers.

Running the marzzochi all mountain 3 forks, FSA crank, Agressor one frame, Mavic X321 front wheel, Halo Combat rear wheel, Shimano XT gearset, Clubroost bars, and Shimano Deoro Hydrolic Disc brakes.

All in pretty chuffed with its performance.
    :shock: For £200. You my friend are a genius, how'd you manage that?
    What We Achieve In Life, Echoes In Eternity