Bang on at Boris!

2»

Comments

• "And have any of you actually tried lutefisk "................

....apparently many Canadians have - and still do. But this isn't about the Normans is it Gav? It's about your infatuation with Boris Johnson. How do you sleep at night?
    Funny how you purport to be an English Nationalist when you seem so keen to disregard our heritage.
    Oh, and for your information, oh learned one, you got one out of three (just) - The Tower (as in The White Tower) was indeed started by William the Conqueror but the Saxons were sizing up the complex first. Stick with me Gav, I'll make an Englishman of you yet, the surname however may be a problem :lol:
    To disagree with three-fourths of the British public is one of the first requisites of sanity - Oscar Wilde
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    "And have any of you actually tried lutefisk "................

Arrrgh no thanks i can only think of one other "fish" that is worse.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • dondare
    dondare Posts: 2,113

What have the Normans ever given us?

Apart from the wine.... and soft cheese...

rabbits? the New Forest? The Tower of London?

Let's not knock the Normans. Had the Tostig and Hardrada invasion been a success our captial city would have been York and we would of all been cryto-Norwegians. And have any of you actually tried lutefisk ? :shock:

'Twas Harold Goodwinson who saw off the Vikings at Stamford Bridge and the Normans were in fact Vikings who'd occupied part of France just a few decades earlier; Norman = Norseman. But at least they didn't force us all to eat lutfisk or gammelost. Have you ever tried gammelost?
    This post contains traces of nuts.
  • "And have any of you actually tried lutefisk "................

....apparently many Canadians have - and still do. But this isn't about the Normans is it Gav? It's about your infatuation with Boris Johnson. How do you sleep at night?
    Funny how you purport to be an English Nationalist when you seem so keen to disregard our heritage.
    Oh, and for your information, oh learned one, you got one out of three (just) - The Tower (as in The White Tower) was indeed started by William the Conqueror but the Saxons were sizing up the complex first. Stick with me Gav, I'll make an Englishman of you yet, the surname however may be a problem :lol:

how interesting :roll: